Chapter 2

First day of school.

The rooster alarm rang throughout my room. I groaned not liking how annoying it gets. I need to change it.

I got up from my bed. I had this queasy feeling in my stomach. Maybe because it's the first day of my old school and I'll be dealing with the people who ruined my life.

It was 6 o'clock so I had enough time to take a shower and dry my long curly brown hair.

When I finished drying my hair I went to go put on my contacts, I reach over and didn't feel them where I last left them.

"Man you have to be kidding me!" I wasn't the type to lose things. It usually takes me awhile to do that.

I was panicking after a couple of minutes trying to look for them and finding nothing. I suddenly remembered that I left them under the sink.

What is wrong with me? Why am I being like this? I mentally slapped myself I took them then hurriedly put the contacts on.

I want to know as well. Keep calm. Deep breath. You're going to be okay.

Thanks Skylar.

I grabbed a purple tank top with Marilyn Monroe on the front and some dark blue skinny jeans then grabbed my black converse, by the time I finished it was 6:24 a.m, still early. I went downstairs to find my mom cooking breakfast.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" My mom said with her strong Spanish accent. She was cooking her famous chocolate chip pancakes and rushed to give me a quick hug before the pancake fell on the floor.

Sometimes having a mom as a chef is an advantage but then again it had it's con like, having to eat healthy food that she tests out when she thinks it taste good. It doesn't always taste good but, I will not take away the satisfaction she gets when we eat her food.

At least she doesn't make you cook.

"I'm doing great, mom. But where's dad? I didn't see him when I came home." I said smiling while looking for my dad, who clearly wasn't here, again.

"Oh he's....on another business trip." My mom said which made my smile falter a little bit.

After I went to military school, me and my dad haven't been as close as we used to be. He's actually been avoiding me. I don't know why. I mean I didn't change anything about me just somewhat of my appearance.

Hey, what about me?

They don't know about you.

True.

My brother told me he's also become an even more annoyance to them than ever before. I know he was annoying, but this is another kind of thing. Before he would be funny, but now he is aggressive and angry.

Especially to my mother. Sometimes I worry about her. I worry about him hurting her. And I suspect that he is cheating on my poor mom. My mom doesn't say anything about it, but I do know that she is miserable having to deal with my dad having his childish tantrums every now and again. He's not the same anymore.

Oh, very mysterious.

"Don't worry, honey. It's gonna be alright. Your father is just going through a lot right now." My mom said hugging me, trying to comfort me.

Yeah, more like complaining about every little thing.

"OK. I have to go to work but before I leave I want to show you something." She told me and dragged me outside with her hands over my eyes. She took her hands off and what was in front of me almost made me die. Of excitement, of course.