ELEVEN - SACRAFICES

ACT ONE

•••

•••

"So what's happening ? Anything happening out there ?"
Florence called out hoping for some of the clerics to be nearby . Quite frankly she was getting bored , since there's only so much you can do with your eyes plastered shut .

" The angels are still grouping . Are you getting this too ?"

"The trees , yeah "

The clerics talking between themselves made Florence feel uneasy , especially since she sensed their panicked tones .

"What's wrong with the trees ?" Florence called out towards them.

" They're taking out the lights " Another cleric called making Florence impatient at the lack of answer .

" What is it ? What's happening ? Tell me. I can't see " Florence panicked .

" It's the trees ma'am . The trees are going out "

And at that Florence took a stand and carefully lifted herself up from the tree bark ,  she tried to make use of her other senses , she heard the slight crackle of the lights waltzing on and off as the clerics in the distance started to panic .

" Angels advancing sir "

"Weapons primed . Combat distance five feet . Wait for it "

"What is it ? What's going on ? Can someone just please tell me " Florence demanded with a  more agitated tone to her .

" Keep your position Ma'am . And eyes shut "

" Well maybe if you explained what is happening i wouldn't be so curious " Florence muttered , more to her self rather than to the clerics .

" The ship's not on fire , is it ?"

" It can't be the compressors would have taken care of it . Marco , the angels have gone . Where'd they go ?"

" What the angels?" Florence asked in confusion as she turned on the spot , scolding herself mentally when she nearly tripped .

" This side's clear too , Sir "

"Wait - the angels have gone ? Disappeared? " Florence confirmed to one of the nearest clerics , which so happened to be Marco.

" There's still movement out there , but away from us now . It's like they're running " He replied to her as he looked towards the blinding light that Florence couldn't see.

"Running from what ?"

"Phillip , crispin , need to get a closer look at that ."

"Get a closer look at what? What's there ? " Florence called once more , not even expecting an answer .