Fixing (Again)

Haruka's eyes opened to see the white of a hospital ceiling, her heart still pounding from her dream. Looking around, she sat up slowly. Her head felt like someone had run it over with a horse. The last thing she remembered was Jiraiya knocking her out when she tried to help Nii-san...

Oh no.

She scrambled out of bed as fast as she could. At the moment, she was in a hospital gown that was open in the back, showing her underwear, but she didn't care. Nii-san could be in danger at the moment.

Sprinting, she left her room to try and find an exit. She probably could have used the window, but didn't think of it in her haste. As she went through all the hallways, she plowed into nurses and patients alike, ignoring the shouts of anger and concern.

Trying to locate him faster, Haruka attempted to find his chakra signature. If it was anyone else, it would take her a few minutes to find. Nii-san had a large amount of chakra and a signature that was very familiar to Haruka though, so she was able to find him easily. For some reason, she could feel his signature coming from one of the rooms in the hospital.

She changed her direction, heading toward the general area she knew he was in. Thankfully, he wasn't too far away. Before she entered the wing where he was, a nurse stepped in front of her and stopped her.

"What are you doing?" She asked Haruka sternly, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I need to see my Nii-san." Haruka shrugged off the shoulder and tried to keep going, but the women refused to let her past.

"No, you need to get back in bed." The woman commanded. She tried to take Haruka's arm, but she avoided it, slipping around the women.

Haruka ran forward, disobeying the nurse's orders of 'stop!'. Her Nii-san's safety was her priority, and she didn't have time to rest, despite her pounding skull. She could always fix a headache, but wouldn't be able to fix a dead brother.

 After what seemed like hours, she burst into his room. He was on a hospital bed sleeping. There were no visible injuries on him, but that meant nothing. His organs could have burst and she would have no way of telling just by looking at him.

Stepping forward, she went to evaluate him when a hand latched onto her arm. It was the nurse who had been chasing her. Haruka could barely control herself from hitting her.

"Young lady! You are not allowed to be here! Let me take you back to bed." The woman berated her, attempting to tug her away.

Haruka jerked her arm out of her hold, continuing to the bed. She ignored the woman's shouts and placed her hands over Nii-san's torso. Concentrating, she scanned his insides, checking for any damage. It was easy to tell after the first few seconds that it was only fatigue that kept him unconscious, nothing more.

Before she could let out a sigh, multiple hands grabbed her from behind. She yelled as she struggled, but there were far too many. Growling, she bug her heels into the ground and jerked her teeth at the closest fingers while they dragged her back.

"We need to sedate her!" Someone ordered, making her double in her struggles. 

"There's no need. I'll handle her." A familiar voice drawled. Haruka immediately snapped her head in the direction it came from, giving a heart-stopping glare.

With wary shrugs, the nurses released her. They wouldn't trust anyone else to restrain a patient, but the man who spoke was a Sannin; of course he could handle a measly Genin. To their surprise, she didn't even try to run. Instead, she stood up straight and faced him.

"Jiraiya." She growled. So far, he had punched Nii-san in the stomach, threw him off a cliff and then prevented her from saving him. He was definitely at the top of her 'to kill' list. At the moment though, sadly, she knew she didn't have the power to do so. One day, maybe, but until then, there wasn't much she could do.