Chapter 2 - Fate?

Harry's P.O.V.

        "BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEP" I wake up to my alarm clock going off. I turn off the alarm and get up and walk into the bathroom that connects to my room. I strip from my boxers and step into the shower. I turn on the water letting it run over my head and back.

        My mind is swirling, like it is every morning, and I can't seem to get it to stop today. Something happened yesterday that I can't seem to get my mind off of. I run over what happened in my head again; I was at the library where I spend most of my time, and I saw this guy. I had seen him before, but I never had the guts to walk up to him. He was always with his friend (or whoever that was). 

        So, as I walked up to him I saw that he was reading one of my all-time favorite book series. When I talked to him, he just started crying... I didn't know if I was offending or scaring him. He seemed about my age, maybe older, but when his friend came over he sounded like a child, sort of immature. 

I don't ever want to be that person that intentionally hurts someone or their feelings. That's also the thing, it wasn't intentionally. 

        I need to get my mind off of this. It was probably just bad timing. Right?

 -------

        It was already mid-afternoon, I realized as I looked at the clock on the oven. Liam should be home soon from work. We have been best mates for as long as I can remember. Don't get me wrong, it did get a little awkward after we 'experimented' with each other, but it turns out Liam's straight. We don't make it weird, which I believe is a good thing.

        Today is one of my days off from the bakery where I work, so I decide to go on out for a walk. I leave Liam a note on the counter and head out.

        Liam always seems to worry about me, but I guess he has good reasoning for it. Let's just say that the past two years have not been the highlight of my life, and Liam got really worried about me.

        I guess it's nice, though, to have someone really care about you, enough to let them live with you and act like a brother to you.

        I usually walk to clear my mind. When it rains, it helps a lot. Today is actually a nice day for London. The sun is out, and it looks like I'm not the only one who had this idea.

        I walk just around a couple blocks, and I stop by the grocery shop on my way home to pick up a few things. Oranges for Liam; he's had quite an obsession with them lately. Do I understand it, no.

        Once I am back up to my flat, I see my library card on the counter, and my mind instantly goes back to him. Gosh, I don't even know his name and he has taken up the space in my head. I'm not sure if now I actually want to know him, or if I just want to know why. Why he acted like that. It was probably my fault. I hate it, but I can be so insensitive sometimes.