Chapter - 8

Harry's P.O.V.

What if he doesn't call? What if he thinks I'm a creep? What if he thinks I'm stupid or weird? Maybe I should have stayed and talked with him longer, I think to myself as I'm driving home. What if he doesn't even have a phone? He would have told me right? Right. Maybe. What if he forgets? I should have gotten his number instead. Maybe he doesn't even want to see me again I think while pulling into my driveway.

When I walk through the front door I'm immediately greeted by Liam. "How did it go? Was he there? Did you talk to him? Did he cry? Was that other guy there too? Did you make him cry? Harry please don't tell me you made him cry," Liam questions. I may or may not have told him every last detail when I met him last time. But hey, that's what best friends are for.

"I didn't make him cry Liam. And yes he was there, along with the other guy. I did talk to him, I learned his name was Louis, and I gave him my number," I tell Liam, but with a straight face, obviously not what he was expecting.

"Don't be so excited Harry," Liam said sarcastically.

I break down and tell him everything.

"Liam, what if he doesn't call? What if he thinks I'm stupid? What if he didn't want my number? What if he doesn't even like me?" I start ranting to him.

"Oh Harry, you've got it bad don't you? You must really like him. But don't worry so much, okay? He'll call, and if he doesn't, we can worry about it then. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have even talked to you if he didn't like you. So just don't worry. It'll all work out," he explains, attempting to calm me down.

"But what if-" Liam cuts me off.

"No. No more what ifs, got it?".

"Yeah I got it".

"Good. Now all you can do is wait," and that's exactly what I did. I waited, and waited, and waited. It seems like I sat on my bed forever. Then my phone rings. It has to be him. I answer immediately.

"Hello?" I say, excitement clear in my voice.

"Hello is this Henry? Harry?" the person asks. It wasn't Louis.

"Yeah it's Harry. Who is this?"

"I'm Zayn, Louis' best friend. I believe you talked to him today at the library, right?"

"Yes. Why didn't he call?"

"Because I need to set things straight with you. Louis is fragile and will most likely get hurt in any type of relationship. He gets attached quickly. He'll keep giving you more chances no matter how badly you hurt him until he breaks. I don't know where you were trying to get to with him but just back off, it's for the best."

"And I'm guessing you always know what's best for him don't you? Always making decisions for him? Have you ever asked what he wanted? What he wants for breakfast doesn't count! Let him decide for once in a while. You don't even know me anyway! How do you know I'll hurt him? How do you know he won't end up hurting me? You can't hide him forever," I hang up, so pissed off at him for thinking he knows me. For thinking I would hurt him! I wouldn't ever hurt him! I couldn't do that to him. He means too much to me already, especially now knowing how Zayn babies him.

---

Louis' P.O.V.

"Sorry Louis I just needed to call someone before you used my phone. I didn't want to have to interrupt you in the middle of your call," Zayn explains as he walks back into the living room. Niall and I were sitting on the couch in the living room, waiting for Zayn.

"It's okay Zaynie. Sh-should I call now? Or should I wait?" I stutter slightly. Dang it! I hate words. They're so stupid.

"Call him now! I bet he's waiting for you to call right now!" Niall tells me excitedly.

"Okay. Zaynie will you dial the number for me please?" I ask, getting slightly excited myself. Zayn dials the number by reading off my hand. He hands me his phone, I hit the call button.

"Hello?" my eyes widen, my mind going blank.

"Say hi," Niall whispers to me.

"Hi," I say, he probably can't even hear me. Why am I so quiet?

"Is this Louis?"

"Y-yeah,"

"Oh good! I'm glad you called,"

"Really?"

"Of course,"

"Oh," I grin sheepishly.

"So how are you doing?"

"Uh fine. And y-you-ou?" Stupid words! It gets so bad when I'm nervous.

"I'm doing great now, thank you for asking,"

"......"

"Are you doing anything tomorrow?"

"No,"

"Would you like to do something with me?" I look at Zayn, then Niall. Niall nods at me encouragingly.

"Yeah,"

"Great! I'll pick you up around 5. Sound alright?"

"Sounds great!" I smile so big.

"I'll text you with details or questions later,"

"Okay,"

"I'll see you then. Bye Lou,"

"Bye Harry," he hangs up. I hand the phone back to Zayn.

"So what did he say?" Niall asks me.

"He asked me if I was doing anything tomorrow. And then asked if I wanted to do anything with him," I explained.

"And what did you say?" Zayn asks.

"I said yes!" I say excitedly.

"Did he tell you a time? Or what you'll be doing?" Zayn asks, kinda annoyed or mad but I can't tell.

"He said he'll pick me up at 5, and that he'll text me with more information," I tell Zayn so he knows to expect a text from Harry.

"And you're sure you want to do this?" Zayn keeps questioning me.

"Well yeah of course I do," I say.

"I don't know Louis. Maybe you shouldn't go," Zayn tries to tell me. I really want to go and I'm not going to let Zayn's opinion stop me.