Chapter 4: The Beauty and The Beast

The rest of that day was strange

The rest of that day was strange. You spent a lot of your time in your room, facing the ceiling, thinking about what happened.

It took a long time before that heat faded away and you could think clearly again. They were your companions of life, almost your brothers, but you had to admit, they were handsome and attractive and your feelings about those kisses were far too strong to be ignored.

And what could be wrong about some casual sex to pass the time? What could be wrong about feeling that sweet taste on Hvitserk's lips or close your eyes under those delicious roars on Ubbe's voice?

Your thoughts were populating your mind when you heard some knocks on your door.

"(Y/N)? Are you awake?", Sigurd's voice, always so sweet.

"Yes. Come in," you answered, listening to your door open again, and Sigurd came in with a bright smile on his face, sitting by your side of the bed, while you settled yourself, leaning your back against the headboard.

"You said you wish to hear me playing again, so, I came to call you to the dinner. There will be another party tonight since Ivar and Ubbe had interrupted the first one. We're celebrating the war chiefs that came to help us avenge our father's death, giving them a feast and some comfort before we leave for battle so, I thought you could come and feast with us." he said, inviting you. He seemed to be quite excited about the idea of having you near his place on the dinner table again.

You smiled.

Sigurd was always your sweetest one. With his smiles and kindness, he was always the one who melted your heart. You still can remember his little fingers starting to learn the oud that now he plays so well. His sweet smiles when he did it right for the first time. Now he seems so grown...

You lifted your hand, touching his face, caressing his checks while he tilted his head over your hand, smiling softly.

"I missed you, little brother.", you said, smiling tenderly to his eyes. Even the snake mark on them now is not strange anymore, but give his face some mystery, attracting the eye almost hypnotically.

"So did I", he answered, caressing your hand in his face with his thumb. "Things are not the same without you here. There are so many things I wish to show you! I'm now a composer! Now I play my own music!", he continued, proudly. "And well, despite what Ivar says, I'm not a disaster with the oud anymore", he jokes, making your smile bigger.

"Oh, I can imagine. The girls must be running after you like flies on a sweet cake, honey bee", you remembered him of his nickname and he laughs on you, a little shy of what you said.

"This is not true.", he countered, pushing your shoulder with a smile. "So the girls of Kattegat are now deaf and blind?" you kept mocking on him, making him laugh even louder, laughing with him for a while before you two stop, looking to each other again.