EXPLANATION

so, it's obvious that I haven't exactly been uhh... active on this book recently. shocker, I know. and I apologise massively for it, I wish I hadn't left it this long at all and I love you lot who are still waiting for a new instalment.

here's the thing; I've kinda backed myself into a corner with the end of the last chapter and I have no idea where I wanna go next with the story. seriously, ive read through the last five chapters a dozen times, racked my brain mercilessly for a way to continue on from where I left off, how to make it all work . truth is I still have no idea.

last chapter was kinda rushed and it shows. you all want the answer and I'm right there with ya-

who the hell are BW abd PF???

I had two vague ideas when I wrote and published it, with the thought that I would later on decide which and continue on. I was more focused on actually posting the chapter than what effect it would have later down the line.

one idea has more potential. I think. it could intertwine more with the underlying plot that I still have no actual semblance of but explaining it and cpming up with a reasonable and not absurd reason for how everything plays out is damb near impossible.

the other is easier to explain but the suspense and mystery around the whole 'secret note' trope would be kinda wasted and all that.

I've seriously got dozens of pages of mindmaps and dead end ideas trying to untangle it all, and ive spent so long puzzling it over that I'm also battling between continuing to leave you all in the dark and trying to rush together another inconsequential, meaningless filler chapter to make myself feel better about not updating.

I don't want to post a chapter I'm not happy with, but Its not fair to keep you lot waiting for news. so im going for a middleground- posting an extended A/N full of excuses !! yay.

I feel terrible about not being able to create anything for y'all to enjoy but I'm doing my damd best to try and come up with something. if worst comes to the worst, I might edit the end of the last chapter to make things easier. but the concept has potential and I'd rather not scrap it, so its anybody guess.

basically uhh. love y'all and im so damn sorry

-I