Part 6

Knowing that she still had morphine and other sedatives still in her system, the thought she was confused so they looked to Barba who shrugged acting just as confused as they were.

With in a month, Olivia, Rafael and Fin had done several interviews for newpapers and TV shows. Fin and Barba usually stood on ether side of her, supporting her, protecting her. But their was one interview on the Today show that almost gave up their little secret, well not little, huge. Most reporters just asked about how she felt and her emotional state, but the cast of the Today show noticed and took an interest in other things.

The interview was quick but very through. It was 8:17am when Rafael and Olivia stepped into the cameras view. The cast greeted them with open arms but they fired questions quickly, the first one was from Meredith "so we watched some of your interviews, they focused on your mental status but what we want to know is what you relationship status is?"

Olivia gave a fake grin, looking at her with terror she may slip up going through her mind "Me? Well I am taken, just waiting for that ring you know"

Trying to play it as she was Rafael argued "Your definitely not getting married before me."

"So your both taken, are you-" Willie started but they both stopped him.

"No." They said in unison but only Olivia proceeded.

"We are not a couple. We are coworkers and friends. Not a couple."

"Okay, okay. Well, Mr. Barba, your a prick in the courtroom. Why did you- let me rephrase that, how did you get so involved with this cases and how has it changed your additude towards rape victims?"

Rafael didn't get to answer that one ether "He is a real asshole and autocratic" she joked as she put her hand on his shoulder "but it grows on you and it hasn't changed a thing about his additude. He may have his head shoved up someone's ass most of the time but he is compassionate and to make it in the world he's it, that's all you need." She finished with a smile, removing her hand before they got the wrong idea.

The next 2 months were filled with more therapy, cleaning both her apartment and Rafael's condo, and sleeping as she healed.

Benjia walked out from Liv's, well his temporary office and gave a small

smiles as anyone would to someone who survived what she went through.

"Sargent Benson, you have a mandatory 1 month leave of absence, please get the things you need and leave now. This is orders from 1PP so if you come back into this precinct, I won't restrain from arresting you."

"What are you going to go do?" Amanda asked from her desk, leaning back in the chair.

"Simon is taking his family to Disney world, I may tag along.." She sighed As she spoke. Getting her coat and a few things from her temporary desk in the squadroom, she stood up, pissed that she couldn't work but happy that she could go bug Rafael about doing things after work.

Rafael had not known about the month off as he had caught the end of a phone conversation. Looking at Olivia confused as she was packing up her desk "So I have an announcement!" He said clapping his hands together, getting the attention of Fin, Amanda and Captain Benjia. "I'm taking a month of leave, I have another ADA set up to take over my cases."

"Yo pretty boy, you could join Liv in going to Disney world with Simon and his kids." Fin said sarcastically, leaning back in his seat as Rafael stood near Olivia's desk.

"I already have plans, 3 weeks in Virgin Gorda and a week in Texas" Barba said with a smile.

Amanda said from her desk "Send pictures, I love Texas in November."

"Sure Amanda I'll send you pictures of the thermometer at 102 and the dead leaves between my feet." His crude answer annoyed Fin and Nick "I'm meeting Cragen in Athens and then to Arlington for a theatre arts show, I'm taking my mother."

"Cragen?" Olivia looked at Rafael "Your meeting Don in Athens? In the middle of no where? Why not Dallas it's closer to Arlington."

"Traffic" Barba said and he nodded to the rest of the squad "I will see you guys in a month. Good luck." With that he turned and walked towards the elevator.

"I'll walk you out Barba." Olivia said as she grabbed her stuff and ran after him.

. . . .

The plane ride was extremely long but landing in Virgin Gorda was worth it, having his boat here made it easier as Olivia had no idea what to expect. Walking down the dock of Spanish town, the managed to catch a ride to his boat with their luggage from a friendly local.

Wearing a black shirt and jean pants, Olivia looked under dressed compared to Rafael but he looked more comfortable in his polo and slacks.

After thanking the man for the ride, Rafael showed Olivia around his 48 foot beauty, or that's what he called it.

Setting his luggage inside, he changed his clothes and told Olivia to relax or go unpack while he pulled the anchor and started their journey to the sandbox.