Part 2

Several months later, a while after Lewis took her, she got back in the grove of things. So when he saw her comforting countless victims as their assaulters were claimed 'not guiltly', he knew, as her friend, that it must take a toll on her. But it was still a shock when he got a phone call one night from a bartender.

"Barba." He answer, having been working late on cases in his office.

"Hello sir, this is Alex from Tavern 251?"

"Yes, what can I do for you?"

"I'm sorry to bother you sir but there is a intoxicated woman here, and you're the last number she dialed."

"What happened?" Barba questioned, already knowing it was probably Olivia.

"She's not hurt, sir, she just well, can you come pick her up?"

"Yes, of course, I'm on my way." Barba said quietly and hung. He didn't hesitant as he hurried into his car and sped off towards the bar. He found a parking space as quickly as he could and strode into the bar. Olivia was huddled behind the bar with the bartender standing next to her.

"Barba." Olivia said in shock, and Barba nodded to the bartender.

"Thank you, Alex."

"No problem." He said, and Barba quickly escorted Olivia out, giving his fiercest court glare to all the creeps that were eyeing her up.

"Even I know not to go to that bad of a bar, detective," Barba said under his breath, and looked around for her car.

"I took a taxi." Olivia said bleakly, and Barba looked at her. Really looked at her.

"Come on, I'm taking you home." He said gently, putting her in his car and driving towards his condo.

"I... I don't live this way." She stammered and slurred, he nodded.

"I know. But I do."

She tried to argue but was too tired and had too much alcohol in her to form the right words. When she tried to get out of the car she stumbled, so Barba easily, well as easily as lifting an almost dead weight full grown woman was, lifted her into his arms, surprisingly. She gave up fighting him and rested her head against his neck. She knew she was safe and that's all she cared about.

Barba gently put her in his guest room, removing her jacket and shoes so she could be more comfortable.

Olivia was sleeping soundly when he went and grabbed a bottle of water and a few aspirin, putting them on the bedside table. He gently shut shut the door and went back to the living room to look over a few more cases before he went to bed.

When Barba finally went to bed he checked on Olivia and found the water already drank and the aspirin gone. With a smile he replaced the water and as he want go walk away he heard Olivia's voice said quietly, "Thank you, Rafael."

"You're welcome, Olivia." He said, smiling more than he should at her use of his first name. He was the one who told her to call him that after all. With that he went to bed.

When he woke up in the morning since it was Saturday he slept in more than usual, he smelled breakfast cooking. It has been so long since that had happened, it took him a few minutes in his morning grog to figure out what was going on.

When he did figure out mostly what was happening, he managed to put on a pair of pajama pants before walking out into the kitchen with no shirt on though.

"Good Morning, bedhead." She teased as she out a plate of toast on the table and checking his bed head/lack of  sleepwear out in the process.

"You can cook. I am shocked." Barba shot back, and she rolled her eyes, him now feeling extremely exposed.