Chapter 12

We Meet Again

There was a moment of silence as Keita and Whisper met face to face.They both wondered if this was real or just their imagination.Keita was the first to respond as he took a closer look at Whisper.
He finally spoke,"Whisper.......is that you?"
"Keita,you remember!"Whisper's face lit up at his response.
"You......."
"Yes?!"
"You look really weird."Keita replied.
Whisper fell flat on the ground,in disbelief.He got back up and confronted Keita.
"Is that really the first thing you said to me?! After all these years I've been waiting?!"Whisper protested.
Keita sweated,"I'm sorry.......it's just........it's been so long.I almost didn't recognize you."
"Of course......"Whisper mumbled.
Keita hugged Whisper,"But I'm glad to have you back!"
Whisper got teary eyed,"Me too! It hasn't been the same ever since you left!"
Keita broke the hug and pondered,"How did you know where to find me?"
Whisper hesitated,"Well......I found your old watch by accident.......and I thought I would leave it here.In case if you saw it.....I thought I would check and see if you remembered......"
Whisper was afraid that Keita would get angry with him.To his surprise,Keita put his hand on Whisper's shoulder and looked at him with a smile.
"I'm glad you did that.I was feeling so empty all these years.Then I realized I knew I was missing something.......and then I found the watch.Now........I'm happy that I get to see my old friends again."Keita informed him.
Keita was finally feeling the joy he used to have years ago.The joy of having something to look forward to and to make new friends again.Seeing Whisper was the first step of regaining his old life and his memories.First,he got back with Inaho and now he's starting to relive his old life.He admitted that growing up sucked and wished he could have some fun for once.Keita realized his wish was coming true.
He looked at Whisper with glee as he thought about his old memories.The moment was interrupted by Inaho,who just entered the room.She looked at Keita and then glanced at Whisper.She went to Whisper,who suddenly glowed and turned back into his original form.They hugged each other.
"Whisper!"
"Inaho!"
Keita was stunned,"You turned back to your original for Inaho,but not me?Come on!"
They ignored Keita,as he stood there watching in jealousy.
Minutes later,Whisper was back in his current form.Keita and Inaho explained their situation to Whisper as he exchanged back.
"So......you look different because of a wish Enma granted you? And the same thing happened to everyone else?"Keita questioned.
Whisper hated to admit it,"Yes,everyone who got their wish granted completely changed.Sometimes I wish I could go back and undo it......."
"That's really awful.......I wish we could help."Inaho spoke.
Whisper looked at her in worry,"There's no turning back now.......it could've been worse."

"At least we can get everyone back together......right?"Keita smiled nervously.
Whisper didn't want to tell Keita about the complications of getting their old Yokai friends back.He had no choice,but to try and explain it carefully.
"Well.......you see.......a lot of Yokai went their separate ways.I'm not even sure where the majority of our old friends are at."Whisper looked at them with a sad expression.
Inaho chimed in,"But we still have Jibanyan and Usapyon,right?"
Whisper face palmed and regretted explaining their situation to Keita and Inaho.Especially,since they might take it the wrong way.
Whisper sighed,"Ok.......you see........Jibanyan and Usapyon are.........together.You know...........they're living together and are in a relationship."
Inaho got excited,"I knew it! I knew they would be together!"
"That shouldn't stop them from coming back.Right......?" Keita was concerned about Whisper's sketchy behavior.
"They're reclusive.......that's all.I mean......you'll be seeing them soon anyways-"Whisper covered his mouth,as Keita and Inaho stared at him in confusion.
"What do you mean we're seeing them soon?" Keita questioned.
Whisper didn't want to say,but he had no choice,"You remember Junior,right?"
"How........do you know him? Is there something you're not telling us?"Keita was not in the mood for Whisper's antics.
"Well......um.........he's a Yokai."Whisper blurted out.
Inaho laughed,"Why didn't you say so? Is he your friend?"
"More like my grandson actually......."Whisper said quietly.
Keita and Inaho looked at each other in confusion,but made the connection.They looked at Whisper,wanting to know what exactly was going on.
"Don't tell me.......that Junior is Jibanyan's son.That would be insane......"Keita didn't want to believe it,but he knew he was probably right.
"Yes.....he is.....and his parents......you can take a wild guess."Whisper crossed his arms.
Inaho stood there puzzled and eventually freaked out,"That woman......was Jibanyan?!"
"Yeah.......when I said everyone got their wish on who they wanted to be.......it didn't just affect their looks."Whisper chuckled weakly.
"Jibanyan's a woman?!"Keita exclaimed.
Inaho looked at Keita,unamused,"That's what he was trying to say."
"I came here to tell you that Jibanyan and Usapyon are Junior's parents and they're coming to see you,tonight!"Whisper stated.
Keita sat down and rubbed his head,"I can't believe this.......I'm glad Jibanyan and Usapyon got what they wanted.....but......this is so weird......It's happening so fast."
Inaho reassured him,"It'll be alright.At least we'll get to see them again."
"I guess you're right."Keita felt a little better.
There was a knock at the front door.Whisper panicked as Keita and Inaho were concerned about what was awaiting them.
"Oh crap! I gotta do something!" Whisper panicked and transformed into his human disguise.
Keita and Inaho were a bit surprised as they seen Whisper's new appearance.
"Dude......you really let yourself go."Keita groaned in disbelief.
Whisper nagged,"Hey! This was the only thing I thought of!"
Inaho looked out the window and said,"I think it's them!"
Keita pushed Whisper towards the door,"You should open the door and explain to them what's going on."
"Why me?! This is your house!" Whisper glared at Keita with angrier.
Keita shoved Whisper at the front door,"Just do it!"
Whisper was regretting this as he slowly opened the door and peeked out to see Jibanyan and Usapyon with Junior,in their human disguises,respectively.