Chapter 10

A Family Secret

Sometime later,Natsume and Keisuke arrived back to their home.
As they went inside,they noticed boxes scattered all over the place.
"Mom? Dad?"Natsume called out.
Keita appeared from a distance and greeted them,"Oh.......hey guys."
"Are we moving?"Keisuke asked.
Keita bent over to reach their eye level,"Guys......your mother will be leaving us for awhile."
They were silent for a moment,until Keisuke panicked,"What?! No way! It can't be true!"
"I knew it! Why didn't you and mom tell us earlier?!"Natsume butted in.
Keita looked down at the ground,"I thought you guys would've figured it out by now.I'm so sorry......"
"You can't let mom do this!"Keisuke cried out.
Keita looked at his son,"I have to.She wants a life of her own.......well......that's what she always wanted."
"You're lying!"Keisuke screamed.
Natsume sighed,"Keisuke,calm down.Dad might be telling the truth this time.You knew mom wanted to leave.We both heard it before."
"You were always the one to figure out these things.That's why I wasn't too afraid to tell you,but as for Keisuke........I knew he couldn't take it....."Keita looked away from his children.
"Well,duh! You sure know how to hurt my feelings!"Keisuke stomped his foot.
Keita looked back at Keisuke,"If it makes you feel better.......you could help me out and clean out the attic.In case if your mother has any of her belongings up there."
"Whatever......"Keisuke grumbled and crossed his arms.
Natsume was concerned,"When is mom leaving?"
"In a few days.A friend of hers has offered for her to stay at one of his apartments that he's renting out.She also found a job......so......she'll be fine."Keita tried to inform them in a positive way.
He headed to another room and added,"Your mom will be back later.You can invite your friends to help out if you want,"
"Of course......."Natsume groaned in annoyance.
Hours passed after Natsume decided to invite her friends over.
She explained what was going on and they were speechless.
"That's terrible! How could they do this?"Ayame gasped in shock.
Natsume replied,"Dad said it was our mom's choice.She wanted her own life back,according to her."
"That makes it sound like she doesn't care for you guys....."Akinori was in disbelief.
Keisuke protested,"Don't say that! She loves us!"
"It sounds a bit suspicious,but there must be a good reason for this."Touma added.
Keisuke clinched his teeth,"Will you guys stop saying things?! I'm really pissed at mom and dad right now!"
"Keisuke never says that word......."Natsume muttered to herself,being surprised.

Whisper and Micchy randomly popped in on cue.
"Don't be upset Natsume.I'm here for your time in need."Micchy announced heroically.
Natsume pushed Micchy out of the way,"I don't have time for this."
"Ok.....that's just rude."Micchy cried tears.
Natsume stared at Whisper,"You could do a favor for me."
"Me? How can I be of service?"Whisper bowed down.
Natsume made a suggestion,"While we clean up the attic,how about you and Micchy check out Keisuke's bedroom closet?"
"Why mine?!"Keisuke exclaimed.
Natsume looked at him with an unamused expression,"Because I already checked mine and dad told us to check everywhere for anything that belongs to mom."
"Fine.....go ahead and check my closet.I don't have anything in there."Keisuke gestured for Whisper and Micchy to go on.
"We never get to do anything fun."Micchy complained.
Whisper elbowed Micchy on the arm,"Stop your whining and come on."
Micchy followed Whisper,while dragging his feet on the ground.
The others went to the attic and were overwhelmed by its spacious size.
"This place is huge!"Akinori declared.
Keisuke slouched his body,"This will take forever......."
"Not If we get started."Natsume bonked him on the head.
Keisuke covered his head in response,"Ow! Ok!"
As they looked around,they found a lot of interesting things.
Touma picked up a picture,"This kind of looks like your dad."
"Oh......I think that's our grandpa."Keisuke stated.
He examined the photo closer,"He really does look like him.......sort of....."
Akinori was the first to grow bored,"I was expecting to find something haunted.What a waste of time."
"Don't say haunted!"Keisuke shook his legs.
Natsume smirked,"Yeah.......it would've been something if we found......a ghost."
"Or something cursed."Akinori chimed in.
"Stop that!"Keisuke screamed.
Keisuke ignored them and turned in a different direction.
Akinori founded some white sheets and gestured for Natsume to put one over her head.
Keisuke felt someone tap his shoulder and saw two figures with sheets over their heads.
"Boo!"Akinori and Natsume shouted.
Keisuke fell to the ground,"Cut that out!"
They took the sheets off and laughed.
"Sorry Keisuke,but you're fun to mess with."Natsume chuckled.
Akinori put his arm around Natsume's shoulder,"Finally,something we both can agree on!"
They continued to laugh as Keisuke gave them a death stare.