Chapter Thirty-Eight

It really was now or never. Your heart hammered in your chest as you slammed your lips to the lips of his mask. He lifted it off and held you tightly as his lips pressed up against yours. You winced at this but didn't let the thought overcrowd what you planned to do. You snatched the blankets over his head followed by an array of other items as you struggled away. You snatched your pup off the ground and quickly took off out the window. It was very apparent to you that your best call was not the woods but leading him to Jay if you ran there- fuck it no. He was there to help and hypothermia was not on your bucket list.

With a sharp turn; you took off to the house that seemed to be a country away. Your eyes closed tightly as you heard the loud thud come from outside of your house. He was out. Game. Fucking. On. The snow behind you crunched loudly as you tried kicking up as much as possible. The light from where Jay was residing came to view. "Oh, you're so screwed when I get ahold of you." You heard him call behind you. You only moved faster before slamming your free hand on the door. A gutwrenching scream erupting from your throat as the door swung open and you were pulled in.

Your heart stopped as Jay grabbed your hands and yanked you in the rest of the way. He quickly slammed up against the door with a wheeze. "HOLY SHIT-" You cut him off by hugging him tightly. While Masky slammed at the door he hugged back and made a quick call to the local police department. "He's so much more aggressive than he used to be this is just insane." Your eyes widened as he fell quiet. "I'll explain in a little when this dies down." He whispered as the slamming only increased.

By the time the cops had arrived Masky had taken off. You and Jay had both agreed to just say it was an attempted kidnapping. They said they'd keep a look out for him but deep down you knew that they'd never catch him. You looked at Jay who just stared at the cup in his hands as he shook his head. "So," you started softly. He jerked up at the sound of your voice as he sighed. "Are you ready for some crazy story you probably won't believe?" You stifled a laugh. "Not much is going to phase me at this point." He didn't laugh with you. For the lighthearted man just sighed and started to pull up his computer.

Over an hour later you two were just sitting there with an article on Masky and Hoodie. Jay sighed as you read through quietly. His hands fidgeting in his lap as he shook his head. "I... So what you're telling me it's not just Masky I have to worry about now?" He nodded. "Hoodie can't be far behind but unlike Masky he's much more aggressive. He'll just kill you and me if he catches wind that I'm here." He frowned. "They use to be good people. They were corrupted just... There is no saving them. After O got to them and the whole Alex issue... There just isn't bringing them back." You stared at him quietly for a moment. "So you know who they really are, don't you?"

He nodded as a cloud took over his eyes and he became lost in thought. You could see the war in his gaze. It haunted you, the look in his eyes anyway. You sighed. "Look I want to know who they are but you don't have to tell me. Not now anyway. I'll find out for myself." He shook his head. "You wouldn't believe me if I did tell you. Trust me." You frowned but nodded. "You need to be careful. You running is only going to draw more attention to yourself. Lay low."

"Stay alive for us." He muttered softly. You shook a bit at his tone but nodded. "Tim, Tim needs you but you need to be safe. Stay alive for him Y/N. Nothing is as it seems. Remember that."