Chapter Twenty-Four

{POV Change}

I watched them occasionally glance at my face and then flicker down to the floor. Their little "Thanks." I heard them utter did not go unappreciated. I gruffly nodded as the demon in the back of my head screamed. I heard the absolute rage in his tone as I choked back a soft growl. It was going to be the last person he ever hurt. {Y/N} was too good to be in so much pain and torment. I watched them catch my eye as I helped them off the sink.

"You gonna be okay?" I muttered and turned away from their gaze. How had they not figured it out yet?.. I'm a monster in the making; and what did I do? I just fucking kissed them? Why the fuck would I do that? Because it was out of impulse. I don't want them to fall in love with me. I'm dangerous and I know it. The thoughts spun and scraped at the inside of my skull. If things were different maybe I'd change my mind. Just; they weren't and what I worried about was their safety. That fucking bastard isn't going to hurt another soul.

I won't let him hurt anyone ever again. Maybe I can call Jay to take over.. "Tim!"  I heard {Y/N} snap at me softly. Their hands gently shaking my shoulders. I nodded and rose my brow. "Yeah?.." they sighed and flashed a brief smile. "My.. My dad's going to be home soon so I.." I got the hint. "Yeah. Sorry about that I.. Lost in thought you know?" I could feel him taking over. 'Shit' They gingerly put their arms around my shoulders before departing. My heart lurched a little as they disappeared out the door.

I don't want to hurt them. They..

"Well boo-Fucking-who."  I growled. "Would you fuck off already? They don't like you. They're scared of you dammit. They came to me not you." My voice was colder than concrete under the powdery magic outside. Masky's laugh rang through his head and made him want to vomit.  "Shit if I care. They don't have a fucking choice anymore Timothy~... They have to love me. They belong to me."

Tim wanted to throw up, and fortunately the bathroom was just beside him. So, he walked in and reflexively threw up. A dark tar seemed to pool as Masky's laughing continued. "Get the fuck outta my head!" Masky's laughing stopped for a second. "Your head? Don't you mean my head? You're nothing without me. I am you. Without me, you would be dead. I'm the only significant reason you're still here." Tim's eyes narrowed as he stood and wiped his mouth.

He reached into the cabinets and pulled out his pills, downing a handful with a growl. "You're not going to win you know. They're going to outsmart you." Tim lurched over as a stabbing pain hit him like a truck. "Be fucking prepared.. They won't be able to look you in the eyes after this if you don't keep your fucking mouth shut like a good little boy." Tim's body went stiff at this. As if on command he lost control. Everything went black and he could swear he was drowning again.

He wouldn't be able to fight the demon that kept on winning over him. Nothing the pills could fix, nothing killing himself would fix. Nothing could save him from the animal that fed on his every bone, his every thought. He would never be able to win. He watched as that mask was placed on his face. The door swinging open, and suddenly; he was shooting through the forest to {Y/N}'s house.

"I win."