.21.

"I can't do it." I spoke, standing in the doorway of his room, wearing only a t shirt and shorts, my hair in tangled knots and I only had maybe twenty minutes to get ready for court.

"Kayden you don't even have to sit in the court area- you only have to be present" Luke spoke slowly.

"I don't want to see him-" "baby, we aren't going to let him talk to you." He assured me, grabbing my wrist and pulling me closer to him.

"And what are we going to do if the judge decides to let them go-" "that isn't going to happen, the only reason it would happen would be if you didn't show up." He stressed to me, his blue eyes staring into my own as he buttoned his shirt, a smile coming onto his face.

"When have I ever set you up for defeat, Ray?" He grinned.

"Never" I spoke quietly.

"Exactly, so go get dressed, we have to leave soon" he nodded- making me exhale lightly before walking away.

I went into my room, searching my closet for something that worked with the courts dress code.

I settled for a simple black skirt- which was something I had only because of school and a maroon sweater.

I threw it over my head, adjusting my brace before slipping on and adding a gold necklace,

I slipped on a pair of vans, rolling my eyes at my reflection.

I swore I was always wearing skirts and it was one of my least favorite things to wear.

I put on a little make up before quickly brushing out and flat ironing my hair.

Michael ran in, I watched his eyes go straight to my knee.

"How's the brace feeling?" He asked, tilting his head with a grin.

"I'm sore but- it's better" I nodded, seeing him nod.

"You need to tell me if you're ever in pain or if you feel like a punching or grinding, okay?" He spoke seriously, making me nod in agreement.

I went downstairs with him, seeing all of the guys tying their ties- approving of each other.

"Do I look good?" Luke asked, turning to me, making me immediately give him a firm nod.

"Like good enough to make the judge know that I'm good enough to be your guardian?" He asked with a smile, making me smile.

"Good enough to make my parents know that you're good enough." I emphasize back to him.

He pulled me into a tight hug, which I leaned into.

"We better go- we're going to be late."

Therefore we all got into Ashton's car and he drove, no music played- I listened to the guys talk.

I shook my knee out of nervousness- seeing Calum look to me.

"You're okay" he sent me a smile, throwing an arm around me.

This caused everyone but Ashton to look to me.

"What makes you the most nervous?" Ashton asked.

"I'm not nervous" I spoke slowly

"I really don't want to watch my mom go to jail"