Chapter 25

Author's Note: If you have any writing tips, please feel free to comment.

Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills as a writer.

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 25

A month has passed from the rescue and Red was getting much better and was discharged from the hospital along with Allen. The Ranger was sent back to her home at Ithaca to recover slowly from her PTSD. Red decided to rent an apartment near the base to spend some time alone. A nurse would continue visiting them to change Allen's bandages and to check on their mental state. More good news is that both Williams and Malloy has woken up from the coma. The bad news was that both women thought they were in an enemy hospital and started attacking everyone. MacTavish, Ghost, and Price rushed to the hospital as soon as they were informed about the incident as General Malloy and Colonel Williams were engaged with work out of the country. When they walked through the doors to the ward they heard shouting and panic.

"What the bloody hell is going in here?" asked Price.

"Captain Price! Thank God you're here," said a nurse breathless. "The Captain and the Lieutenant seem to have lost it and we cannot seem to get the situation under control."

"Let us handle it," said MacTavish firmly.

They ran to the center of the confusion and saw Williams on the floor as she couldn't stand up because of her wounded leg, using the pipe of the IV drip attached to her arm as a weapon. On her side was Malloy, her right arm in a sling due to the bullet wound holding a needle with her left arm that was heavily bandage due to the deep gash left by Espinosa. They both looked deranged, gritting their teeth and determined to take anyone who approached them.

"Lisa, what are you doing?" asked Price trying to reason with her.

"Price?" she asked puzzled. "MacTavish?"

"Simon!" said Williams and looked at her Captain. "We're not in an enemy hospital."

"Fuck me...," said Malloy putting the needle on the stand.

"You're at St. Peter's ladies," said Ghost.

Lieutenant Walker rushed in, panicked holding the clipboard high above his head.

"What happened here?!"

"Lieutenant Walker?" asked Malloy surprised, sitting down. "We can explain Doc."

"Damn. They told me you two were trouble but I did not expect this," he said looking around the room.

"We're not any trouble Doc, whoever told you exaggerated," said Williams. "We're awesome patients don't you worry!"

Ghost shook his head and helped Williams onto her bed. Price and MacTavish did the same with Malloy.

"My head burns," murmured Malloy squinting her eyes.

Now that the adrenaline was wearing off, pain and weakness were starting to take over her body.

"What happened to the squad?"

They briefed them about the situation of her teammates about being discharged and also about Collins' condition.

"Everyone's coping?" asked Williams grunting with pain while clutching her leg.

"Yes, you're a tough bunch of soldiers," said MacTavish gruffly.

"Ok so, any leads?" asked Malloy faintly, her eyes drooping.