Chapter 19

Author's Note: If you have any writing tips, please feel free to comment.

Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills as a writer.

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 19

Williams stirred on the bed and raised her head so she could see what time is it from the clock that was resting on the bed stand. Six o'clock. She slid off from the bed as quietly as possible so she won't wake up Ghost and collected her clothing from all over the room and got dressed. She tiptoed near Ghost and kissed him gently on his forehead. As she turned around she felt a hand grabbing her arm.

"Wait, where are you going?" he asked her sleepily.

"I need to go to my room and pack," she whispered in reply.

"You still have two hours and a half until you depart. Don't leave yet love," he pouted and Williams giggled.

"I gotta go; I'm sorry..."

Ghost sat up and hugged her tightly to him. "I'm going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too," she said, her head buried in his neck. He felt her shaking and pulled away.

"You're crying," he whispered softly as he saw tears streaming down her face. He wiped them away and smiled at her. "Don't be sad."

Williams cried harder and Ghost held her close to him and whispered in her ear, "Charlene, your codename is not Fox for nothing."

They pulled away again and he winked at her making her smile.

"There it is, the smile I love!" he cheered.

"Simon, every second I passed with you were heavenly. Thank you for everything," she said looking deeply in his eyes.

"Why are you telling me this? We'll keep in touch marine don't worry."

"In case something happens to me-"

"Nothing will happen to you!" he replied firmly.

"No, listen to me Ghost," she said grabbing his hand, "we may be sent on a mission tomorrow and I may die. I don't want to go from this world knowing that I didn't tell you how I felt about you. That's why I'm telling you this."

Ghost grasped her softly by her face and kissed her intensely on the lips while Williams slipped her arms around his neck. After a few minutes, they pulled apart both gazing into each others' eyes.

"I like you a lot, Fox. You'll always be my marine," he said smiling.

"Goodbye Simon," she said and left his room without looking back.

"Goodbye Charlene," he whispered sadly as he rested his head in his hands.

--- --- --- --- ---

Breakfast was very silent and solemn when compared to other times where everyone is usually shouting and laughing. The ETF did not join them that morning; the 141 were on their own.

"Where are they?" asked Ozone chewing on some scrambled eggs.

"I guess they're not coming," replied Roach playing with his food.

"Maybe they're not hungry," said Price who was reading the newspaper.

"It's half past eight lads," said Archer sighing, "let's go outside so we can tell them goodbye."

They went out of the mess hall and saw the ETF apart from Malloy and Williams standing near a bus which will transport them to the airport.

"Wow! Look at you!" exclaimed Toad observing the women.