Chapter 23 - A love letter

„What’s wrong?” Tessa asked and hurried towards the door. „Nothing at all, it’s just a delivery boy - and he needs you signature,” Alex replied as the delivery boy with shaking hands handed her the form for her to sign. „You’re Alex Pettyfer… And Tessa Ozols,” the delivery boy spoke and pointed towards the two of them. Tessa just smiled as response but Alex made an effort with some small talk. As she handed him the form back he gave her a letter. She quickly opened the envelope. A first she thought it was a joke but it was undoubtable his handwriting - so when she had read the short letter four times it finally sank in that this wasn’t someone pulling a prank on her.

Dear T,

Will you be mine, officially?

Yes □             Of Course □                       Definitely

Yours truly

H

„What does it say?” Alex asked curiously. „Well, it’s from Harry,” she was almost speechless but managed to whisper those few words before her ringtone sounded. „It’s him calling, aren’t you going to answer it?” Alex watched as Tessa was just observing her phone screen. He felt confused. What had been in the letter?

Tessa finally pulled herself together before answering the phone. „Hi”. „Hi beautiful, it’s so good to hear your voice,” his voice was raspier than usual and it sounded like he had just woken up - which could be true due to the time difference. „Yours too, I miss you so much,” she replied and gave the delivery boy a short wave to send him on his way - since he hadn’t move a bit. He got the hint and left and she stepped outside in the hallway to get some privacy. Alex probably didn’t want to listen in on this conversation but for some reason he didn’t leave.

„Sooo, did you get my letter?” Harry asked going straight to the point. „Yeah I did,” Tessa replied and felt her heartbeat quicken. „And do you have an answer?” He continued while getting more and more nervous, why was she avoiding answering his question?„Yes I do,” she said teasingly as she walked back and forth in the hallway while being observed by her friend. „Well, can I hear it?” Harry said now being anxious to the point he wouldn’t be able to stop his hand constantly running throw his hair. „Yes, of course, definitely,” she stated all the different choices he had given her and since all of them implied them being together as a couple she didn’t care which one was spoken. She wanted it all. She wanted all of him. She heard him let out a breath he didn’t even knew he had be holding but happiness was filling his veins and he was that he didn’t even know how to deal with everything.

„Well could you buzz me in then?” He asked. „What?” Tessa felt confused, wasn’t he supposed to be in Italy right now? Or was it Denmark? „Buzz me in love, I’m standing on the sidewalk outside your flat,” he explained and before he even had finished his sentence he heard the buzz and opened the door before running up the stairs not even having the patience to wait for the elevator.