Chapter 22 - Back in New York

The next couple of weeks went by way too slowly. Even though Tessa was all consumed by her busy work schedule she still found the time to think about Harry - and talk to him of course. Her piece on the Dior Fashion show had been a huge success and she could already feel how her colleagues now finally dared to ask her opinion and actually listen to her advice. She thrived in this industry and it was more than she had ever dreamed about - but one key point in her life was still missing. Him

Harry had been completely focused on the final part of their tour these last couple of weeks. The tour had been an incredible experience and he had enjoyed sharing this part of his life with his closest friends. He had worked his arse of and it had been the most challenging and intensive thing he had ever experienced but it had definitely been worth it - without a doubt He felt beyond blessed and he knew he only needed one thing for everything to fall into place and for him to feel complete. Her

Tessa was lying on her couch when her phone vibrated. She was too consumed in an episode of The Carrie Diaries that she didn’t even notice, not until it happened again. She reached for phone and a smile immediately erupted on her face as she noticed who had sent her two texts. Harry Styles.

Are you home???

Or should I just called it your temporary flat in New York? We all know your home is in London. Back with me.  x

„What got you smiling so bad?” Alex asked as he handed her a cup of coffee and joined her on the couch. „And why are we watching this again?” „Well because it’s a great show - and Carrie has to get back together with Sebastian! Austin Butler is so charming Vanessa Hudgens is one lucky gal,” she replied but her focus was still on her phone as she quickly typed a respond.

Yes I’m HOME, and haha very funny. I miss you so much. x

Alex snapped the phone out of her hand. „She’s quite beautiful herself you know - besides she’s a sweetheart,” he explained while holding her phone away from her as she tried to reach for it. „Do you know her? Oh my god I’m so a fangirl, and hand me my phone,” Tessa argued. „No I want to know what was causing that bright smile of yours - and yeah I’ve filmed with her before you know in Beastly,” he explained and got off the couch only to scroll through her phone.

„Oh, it’s him,” Alex said as he read the text message from Harry. „Yeah, it’s him.” She replied. A frown had now appeared on his face and he handed Tessa her phone. She quietly reached for it but his hand closed around hers as she got a hold of it. „It will always be him, won’t it?” Alex asked sounding so vulnerable. She knew there was more to the question than the sound of it. „Yes, I’m sorry”. Tessa didn’t know what to respond and she didn’t know how to explain it all to Alex, but she didn’t want to give him any false hope to cling onto either. „But I thought you knew that?” „Yeah, I guess I always did - I just kept hoping you know, hoping that he would screw up or you would stop loving him. It’s selfish I know,” Alex replied and avoided her gaze.

Just as Tessa was about to reply the doorbell rang. „I’ll get it,” Alex said and quickly disappeared from the room as if he couldn’t get away fast enough. She could only her muffled voices before Alex’s again seemed confident and loud in her apartment: „Tessa, could you come out here?”