Chapter 9

Lisa's POV

Ok Lisa you're going to go straight up to him and get an explanation because you deserve one i told myself. I just go my pass to go to the bathroom and really go and see Alex. "Lisa there you are!" I heard Marissa call. "Oh hey Marissa. Sorry i really have to go i'm gonna talk to Alex." i was turning around when she grabbed my arm. "What?" I asked. Getting a little irritated. "I know you two need to talk but i have to show you this really quick. It would only take a sec." "Fine what is it?" she took my arm again and pulled me to the restroom. We where alone and i saw her take out her video camera. She messed around with it and showed me a clip. My heart sank when i heard Alex say he wished we never dated. That's how i felt at first but as i thought about it i felt myself getting pissed. "He lead me on? What kind of guy tells a girl he loves her and says something like that? And kisses his guy best friend. I mean when you told me you think Jack loves Alex i didn't really believe you. But arg! I'm so pissed. That fag!" my face was literally getting red with anger. Marissa rubbed my back and told me soothing words like "it ok...relax...well get him." "How? I'm mad at him but at the same time i want him back." "And i know how you can." i looked at her questioningly. "How?" I asked. A smile grew on her face and as she whispered the plan into my ear i started smiling too.

Alex's POV

Oh my gosh where is she! I have to get Macie! "Hi Alex" i turned to see Marissa waving at me. "Um hi." Awkward. She was walking toward the parking lot and soon after her i saw Lisa. "Hey Lisa there you are." "Hey Alex. Can you please just tell me whats going on with us?" i paused and decided since she went right to the point it was best for me to be truthful. "Lisa, i love you i do care about you. Just not in the way you want me to, I'm sorry and you deserve so much better then me." Tears formed in her eyes and i instantly wanted to take back those words just so she wouldn't cry. "I-I understand. I just want you to know that I love you Alex. No matter what i will always love you. But i guess this is the end of you and me. Goodbye Alex." I gave her a long hug and watched her walk back into the building. It could have gone worse actually im surprised it wasn't. I was expecting at least a hit in the nuts. As I went to my car I found Jack walking into Zacks car. I looked at him weird because it was late and i thought everyone would be at Rians by now. I waved at him but he just nodded and didn't even give me a smile. Was he seriously that angry that i didn't hug or kiss him before he went to class? No Jack couldn't hold a grudge on that. Would he? I frowned and went to pick up Macie. "Hey May!" i said as she got in. "Howdy Alex" Well at least Macie could make me feel better. "We're going to Rians house. Rian and Zack are the others in the band. You wanna see us play?" i asked. "Of course i do. Sounds fun." I looked over at her and saw she had dried tears on her cheek. Worried i asked "Whats wrong? What happened? Did someone hurt you? Where do you even stay? Do you eat? -" I could have gone on with all these questions popping in my head at once but she cut me off. "Alex chill. I stay on the roof of the mall. I've been hanging out with Lisa. Actually more of using her for food and a place to spend the night. She seems friendly and all but when shes with this chick name Marissa it's like shes different and Marissa owns her." I laughed at that. It was kind of true. Yes her and Marissa are best friends but at times it seems like all Lisa does it listen to Marissa. "what?" she asked. "Nothing it's just that's my ex." "Oh sorry." i laughed again "No don't ok go on." "And no one has hurt me. Actually i got off a pay phone. I was talking to my mother." she finished. "Oh! Tell me everything. How did it go?" "Well when i told her it was me i could hear her sobbing. I told her I'm fine and i miss her. She said she will work for the money to buy an airplane ticket to get me back. We're kind of not good with money." She looked down and her face turned a little red. How could she be embarrassed about that?  "You can! I can pay for an airplane ticket! Trust me I'm getting you home." A tear escape her eye and i held her hand. "It will be ok. You are going to see your mom again. Just give me a few days and i will have the money." "You don't have -" my turn to cut her off "Macie i am getting you money to get you home. Don't deny free money." "I love you big brother." "I love you too little sister." I forced myself not to tear up. I want to get her back to her mom and make her happy. But i don't know if i would be completely happy with her leaving here. "How are you and Jack?" she asked changing the subject. "What?" "Come on Alex i notice the way you guys are around each other. You both love each other and more then just friends." There's no point in arguing with her. "I don't know. I mean it was good but  Lisa kind of got in the way and today we finally called it off. But when i saw Jack he didn't even smile at me. I think he could still be mad about how i didn't hug him goodbye but that doesn't sound like Jack. To still be mad over it." "It really doesn't. You need to talk to him hun." "Ugh I know." I stopped at the front of his house and we both got out of the car.