05; nostalgia

C A L U M

"Fuck," I groan. I am awoken in the comfort of my own bed by the bright light cascading through the window.

The clock reads 9:27am.

'Way too fucking early.'

I cover my head with a pillow in hopes that is may stop the constant pounding and block out all surrounding sounds. It works, slightly. Even a bird tweeting breaks through my weak barrier and sends my head into a painful throb that seems to be never ending.

I close my eyes and try to drift off to sleep when the annoying and awfully loud whirring of my mother vacuuming fools my attempts of ever sleeping again today.

'Why is my head ringing so much?' I ponder.

'Fuck, it was all that alcohol I drank last night....last night.'

The memories of last night flood back into my mind. The fun only started when I ran into Amity, or more like we had a full on collision into each other.

-

It had only been 15 minutes since I arrived at the party and already Luke has ditched me to go find a girl to hook up with and Holly had already tried to get into my pants once again but gave up after I shut her down. She ended up going upstairs with Shaun Vincent, at least that will get her off my back for the night.

Leaning against the wall in the lounge, I take a sip from my second bottle of beer and scan the room and observe the party scene. There's not much too it actually. Just sexually frustrated teenagers rubbing up against each other and drinking for the hell of it.

Not that I wouldn't love to be rubbing up against other girls, I'm just not in the mood. This first loss has really hit me hard. I needed an escape but this wasn't it. I head for the back exit, two glass sliding doors. No one was in my way at all, they were too busy bumping and grinding to notice. I was nearly in the clear when someone crossed my pathway and we collided. She spilt her drink all over my jeans.

"Great," she says. More like whines.

'You spill your drink on me and all you say is "great"! No apology, no sorry. Just "great"! I can't deal with this now.' Luckily no one can read my thoughts because I sound like an angry old lady because someone didn't use their manners.

I try to wipe what smells like vodka off my jeans but it leaves a nasty wet patch around the crotch area unintentionally make it look like I just wet myself.

"Pretty boy?" the girl asks. This comment makes me look to see who she really is.

My eyes are drawn to hers, she has a powder white complexion and I'd know that dark black hair and bangs anywhere.

"I should've have known you'd be here."

I stand there, speechless.

"What? Drowning your sorrows after the big game turn to shit?" A devious smile was plastered on her face. She turns on her heel and exits out the door, just like that.

I follow, wanting to confront her. It was much more quiet outside and there were only a few people situated out here. A row of flower beds and bushes line the back fence. It was fairly basic. Oh wait, that is also a massive pool where it appears people are skinny dipping so let's just ignore that. "You know what? I was going to try but this party is utter shit so I was going home...Well maybe not home."

"What do you mean 'maybe not home'?" She mocks.

This party was supposed to be an escape from facing my parents and the reality of actually losing a game, but like she wants to know all the self-pitying details.