PART 13.

LUCINDA POV:
I've now been living with the Avengers for just over a week, I'm currently sitting next to Bucky at the table finishing off my lunch, Bucky excuses himself to use the restroom, as soon as he leaves Steve speaks "So Lucinda, how are you settling in?" I shrug "Okay, I guess." Natasha speaks "We're having a party tonight for Bucky's birthday, want to go shopping with me to find you a dress?" "It's Bucky's birthday?"

I didn't know it was his birthday today, why didn't he say something?

She nods "Then, yes please." Once we've finished lunch Natasha and I head out, it's a little awkward since I don't really know her, I've barely even spoken to her. We get into a car and she drives us into the city, we park and I follow her "Any shops in mind?" "I've never been shopping, HYDRA would just give me clothes, like you've been doing so far." "Alright. We'll get you some normal clothes while we're out as well, just follow me." After visiting a few places I've got a few bags of clothes, but I haven't found a suitable party outfit yet or a present, but I've been keeping my eyes peeled.

What should I even get Bucky? What sort of thing would he like?

We pass an antique store and something in the window catches my eye "Natasha." She stops "I'm going in here." "Are you sure? Things in there are pretty old fashioned." I nod and open the door, inside is beautiful, I don't bother looking again at the dress in the window, it's way too short and low-cut for me, but I do like it. I walk over to the dresses and look through them, my eyes fall on a knee-length pale blue dress with no sleeves, there's a ruffled collar leading down to the waist where it flares out a little. I try the dress on and fall in love with it, Natasha nods when she sees me in it, so I take it back off and I'm about to pay with money Tony provided when I see something else.

BUCKY POV:
Steve and I are sitting on a blanket on a field, having a picnic dinner date, we've got the radio playing old music quietly beside us. We've just finished eating and Steve opens the basket and swears, I laugh "Stevie..." "Sorry, it slipped out." "Course it did. What's wrong?" "I forgot the jelly. I made you jelly." "Well, Thor appreciated it." We both laugh knowing he definitely would've eaten it by now if it was left in the fridge. I grab Steve's arm and pull him to me, crashing our lips together, as he leans closer I lean back so that I end up laying on my back with Steve hovering over me "Happy birthday, Buck." "Thanks, punk." I steal a quick kiss and quickly pull away again, he pouts "Jerk."

I love it when he pouts.

I reach my right hand up to the back of his neck and pull him down to meet his lips with mine “How about we take this inside?” Steve just pins me down and continues kissing me. After a while our make out session is interrupted by a voice "You boys using protection?" We part and Steve rolls of me, we both look over at a smirking Romanoff "What do you want, Romanoff, can't you see we're a little busy here?" "I can see that, but you've got to come inside." "Why?" She drops her smirk and face becomes serious "Something bad happened, a meeting's been called, but since you two can't work a phone we've been running around looking for you."

What's happened? Is everyone okay? Is Lucinda okay!?

I shoot up from the blanket "What's happened?" "That's what the meeting's about, now come on." We quickly grab everything and follow her back to the facility, as soon as we walk through the doors we put everything down and walk to the living room. As soon as we steps inside everyone shouts "Happy birthday!" A smile creeps onto my face, Steve kisses my cheek and I look at him "You knew." "Course I did. Why else do you think I refused to continue our date in our room?"

You sneaky punk.

Thanks to our date we're already wearing suitable clothing for a party, so Stark turns on the music and we all sit down on the couches, Steve speaks "I want to go first." He picks up a box from the pile of boxes and packages, he hands it to me and I open it. Inside is a photo album, flicking through the pages I see photographs with Steve I all the way back to when we first became friends, I give him a quick kiss "I love it." After opening some presents there is only one box left, I haven't yet gotten anything from Lucinda or Stark and I know the one Thor gave me was from both him and his brother.

I don't expect anything from Stark, he'd probably claim the party to be his present.