Mate's with my Bestfriends, Boyfriend's Beta.

I felt even more awful that I'd have to go home, it meant actually having to come up with some sort of excuse to why my makeup is covered over my cheeks. I stood outside my lit up house, weighing my options in the end I decided it was time to head to the pack house. Noah wouldn't be there, no-one would be, most people were so devestated about the deaths they went back to their homes. 

I shoved the door open my heart lurched violently in my chest as I took in the scents that were once so familiar. Everything was in its place, a thin layer of dust covering the tops of most things, I shut the door with a thump and switched the lights on, placing my iPod and phone on the side table. I squinted at the brightness and kicked off my shoes, I've missed this place. I took off up the stairs and found the hall way that held our four doors.

Jake's, Maria's, mine then Noah's. He'd used too bang on the walls at night so I couldn't sleep, I scowled and switched on more lights kicking my door open, the place was sort of tidy with only a few pieces of clothing strew around the room. I pulled the curtains open and let the little of the sunset flood into my room.

I found a pack of wipes and cleaned off the makeup that'd run over my face. Changing into a old pair of jogging bottoms, I looked through my t-shirt draw, my face twisting in anguish. I picked out the blue top, feeling the soft fabric beneath the pads of my fingers made a hard lump form in my throat. I threw Maria's top back into the draw and stormed out my room, leaning against the cold wall I sighed, I can't let anything that reminds me of her make me run away anymore.

I shoved Noah's door open and walked in, his room was still partially messy the bed still unmade from where we'd scruffed it up. I opened his wardrobe and pulled out a plain grey t-shirt, I shoved it over my head, it reaching mid thigh, I shrugged taking off my old joggers. It looked like I was wearing a huge nighty' and it didn't look massively great. But I couldn't care less. 

I am allowed to wear his clothes, after all he is my mate though he loves someone else. I tugged on my hair angrily, though I hate to admit it, but he is my mate, the only one I've got. I don't know why I pushed it away so much from the start, but I did, and look where its got me. Alone in a cold house. 

"Fucking fantastic." I bit out, pulling my slippers on I headed back down the stairs into the kitchen, I looked through the cupboards and found a tin of tomatoe soup, I rolled my eyes, this was the best it was gonah' get tonight. 

I can't believe my mother even said things will start turning my way! What was she on? I start to believe her a bam I hear Noah confessing his love for some slut. Bloody great. I grabbed my iPod and shoved it in the dock, putting the music up to the loudest it could go sappy love songs shook the house, I felt more tears prickle at my eyes, I rubbed them away angrily as I stirred the soup. 

"I swear I hated him the other day." I growled at myself, it was no use, telling myself off for maybe, uh really liking my mate so wasn't a good idea. It actually was freaking stupid. I poured the soup into a white bowl and sat at the table, I shoved the tomatoey goodness into my mouth, trying to forget everything.

Just for five minutes to forget everything would be amazing. But we don't always get what we want.

I finished my soup and placed the dirty bowl into the sink, switching the music off I grabbed my phone and headed back up the stairs, bed sounded so good right now.  

I climbed into bed, and squished myself inbetween the duvets, I haven't been this comfy in a while. 

'Do not answer this call. Do not answer this call.' I glanced down at my phone, it was vibrating and the name 'Noah' was lighting up the screen, I was tempted to do what my ring tone said but I sighed and put the phone to my ear.