ACN| Chapter 16 - Part 1

C H A P T E R S I X T E EN  - Sonora Missing

“Girl I love that dress on you” I heard Malia scream as I step out of the small place they called dressing room as I stood in front of the mirror. Admiring the pale pink half dress, with small brimstones in the front of my boobs. Of course the dress was cute. I like it but I never wore anything like this before. I stood their admiring myself in the cute dress while staring at my hair that needs to be done. Saturday was the ball, my mother was excited, my best friend was and Dervin her was still in the mood of loss, losing his mother and been happy.

“Oh My Good Nora, Dervin is going to love you in this” she squeals rocking my shoulder in the process as she continues to admire the dress.

“You think so/” I asked flatly

“Of course” she said smiling at me

“All you need is to get your hair done and shoes!” she said raising her voice as she skips across the room to the shoes area. I watch as the store lady walk over and whisper to her and walk off. I wonder if he would like to see me in this dress. I know how much he admire me when I come to school dressing modest and my style but this was Malia’s style, Sweet, edgy and flirty. She was saying that she knows a guy taste just by looking at them. I slowly turn to sit on small bench when I bump into someone. “I’m sorry” I said quickly staring at up a green eye guy.

“It’s ok” he said staring at me

“That dress look wonderful on you” he said quickly

“Thanks” I said smiling

“He’s a lucky guy” he said with a small smirk, placing his hands behind him

“Alan!” a female girl called

“Got to go, nice meeting you” he said and walk off

“Who was that?” asked Malia behind me

“I don’t know some guy” I said taking the silver peak toe wedge she had in her hand

“Please don’t tell me your going to let me wear those with this dress” I said annoyed

“I’m afraid to say so, it fits the dress” she said pulling me down on the small bench, placing the wedge on the carpet. I rub my barefoot on the carpet and then put my foot in the shoes and then got up walking over the mirror.

“See it look brilliant on you, he’s going to love it” she squeal staring at me in the mirror.

“So now we buy and hand to me, Dervin must not see your dress until Prom night” she said pushing me in the dressing room.

“So how is he doing?” she asked knowing I told her about Dervin Mom

“He’s doing ok, he blurring through the loss period, just having Shelly and I around will lift his spirit” I said coming out of the dress and placing it on the rack. Then I pulled on my jeans and purple blouse and sneakers.

“He’ll be ok” she said as I heard my Phone beep

“Boyfriend Alert” she said question opening the door

“Maybe” I said taking up the hanger and place the dress on it, as she took up the shoes placing them back in the box.

“So you guys coming to the concert tomorrow?” she asked walking to the cashier

“Yea” I said joining the line behind her, Then My phone beep again. “Malia hold this for me” I said opening my bag to take out my Phone. Malia was right it was boyfriend Alert. It was a message.