ACN| Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Sonora’s P.O.V.

I stood at my desk in my room staring at the portfolio that is our project. I can’t believe that I haven’t start it as yet just because my partner was been so stubborn not coping with me. What could more important than school. I think I’m over reacting. Am i?

I have just complete all my other assignment even my chemistry, the one that I hate the most and now here I was at my final project that need to get done and there’s no way I can  get it started. All because He wouldn’t cope with me. How dear he tells me I’m not smart after all. There was no way I was going to let him think that I’m not smart. I may not be perfect, I may not know everything but I know what I need to know. Well maybe everything.

I stare at my calendar on the wall a di notice that I only have a couple more weeks left to get the project done. I had to get it to him. I think I might just leave his folder on his desk and let him view it, a she said then he would come around I guess. I’ll try that. I thought.

“Honey we’re ready” shouted my mother from the stairs

“Coming mom” I shouted getting up. I quickly pick up the folder and place it in my bag, Picking up my Journal along the way. As I ran to the stairs.

I walked into the class to find it a bit empty. Malia haven’t reached yet. I glance towards Dervin’s desk and back at the portfolio I had in my hand. I slowly walked towards his desk and place the portfolio on in and quickly went back to my seat when everyone started to come in.

“Hey Nora” I said looking at Malia sad face

“Hey” she said flatly

“What happen to you?” asked?

“I caught mantel kissing Britney Snow”

“What! That bastard” I blurted out

“And then he wanted to pick a fight when I asked him about it and Josh jump in and they got in a fight” said Malia with tears running down her cheeks.

“It ok, I will deal with him later” I said getting up to give her a hug.

“Yea, I don’t want to be with him anymore” said Malia

“Beep, Beep, MC- coming” said Malia Phone.

“Shit, I got to go” she said quickly getting up and then I saw Josh at the door.

“Where you going?” I called out to her.

“See you at lunch” she called back and went through the door with Josh following behind.

What the hell was that? I thought. This was the fifth time Malia run out on me likes she’s some agent off to solve a case. I quickly sat down in my seat when I saw Dervin walk in. I watch him as he reach his desk, sat down and open the portfolio I saw he look my way and turn my face back to the front of the class.

Class went by bored and stressing. Mr. Holloway was our history teacher and all he does is sleeping and teach. I hardly have notes. I guess I’ll ask Ms. Morris to help me with the notes.

I kept looking for Malia and there no sign of her. Where the hell is she? I wondered as I settle in an empty bench outside the library.

“So you finally decide to hand it over” said a voice behind me. I turn to see Dervin.

“Yea, I really want to get this over with” I said closing my journal. He didn’t say anything than sat down about two miles away from me.

“We can meet tomorrow after school at my house”

“Are you insane!” I blurted out

“I don’t even know you and you want me to come to your house to study”

“You are the most obnoxious and Nerd I ever met” he said

“I don’t care there is no way I’m coming to your house to do my homework next thing I know your over me”. He looked at me and laughs

“Um….”

“Sonora” I said fatly

“Have you ever had a boyfriend?” he asked

‘That’s none of your business” I said gazing at my journal

“Have a guy ever kiss you, and let you melt, making you want to strip them naked and have your way with them…”

“Stop it” I blurted out

“Well that say it all, you never been kiss, you never hang out with a guy or at least take the time to chill out”

“I chill out” I blurted out again getting furious why the hell was he saying all these things were they that obvious  

“You mean reading and doing school work” he said sarcastically

“That’s not fun” he said again pulling out his cell phone

“I have to go, if you want to get your project done, meet me at this address tomorrow after school” he said placing a paper on the bench and walk off shaking his head.

I quickly pick up the paper and read it afterward I stuck the piece of paper neatly in my journal. Just as my mother drove up to pick me up.

I was seated on my bed reading a novel when I heard a quiet knock on my door. I look up to see Malia. I quickly got up dropping the novel on the bed and hugged her.

“What happen why weren’t you at school today” I asked quickly as she sat on the bed taking her shoe off.

“Nothing, My mother and father had a few stuff they wanted me to do and my brother end up in the hospital again” she said eyeing my room.

“So How is everything?” she asked lying on the bed.

“It’s ok, I finally gave Dervin the portfolio” I said

“And what happen”

“Nothing he just keep nagging me with question about me chilling out and that I am the most obnoxious Nerd he ever met”

“He’s telling the truth” said Malia

“Not” I blurted out

“Yes, we both know you never had a boyfriend and you hardly go out, unlike me, I hang out with people” she said playing with my sheet. When her cell phone beep and she took it out and read it.

“I got to go” she said getting up to put on her boots

“What!” i said

“Where are you going again” I asked getting up

“My mom needs me” she said

“I’ll call you later” she said and ran out. I let out a loud groan and drop back on the bed.