ACN | Chapter 14 - Part 2

| C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N - P A R T 2 |

I watch as Dervin stare at his aunts and uncle with a question look on their face, as their glances peering at each other. I swear they were killing their one another with looks.

 “What about my mother?” Dervin asked again walking over to them. “She was murdered last night and found in the Silent River. I stood their shock. It was just yesterday he was talking about her. I slowly place sleeping Shelly on the couch and walk over to Dervin.

“You’re lying” he stated coldly as I came beside and place my hand on his shoulder and he shift away

“I’m Sorry Dervin, We found her body down at a boot camp” said the Laura husband

“You’re lying” he shouted

“Sweetie I’m Sorry” said Laura with a smoothing smile and before I knew it Dervin Was running out of the house.

“Dervin! Dervin!” I shouted but he kept running until he reaches outside

“Dervin!” I shouted again and he finally stops

“I’m sorry” I said walking up to him to hug him

“I’m Going to kill that bastard” he stated coldly, as I grab his shaking body and crash into him giving him a tight hug.

“I’m sorry Dervin” I said softly kissing him on his check then he pulled away

“Take care of Shelly, I’ll be back” he said and walk towards the car and I ran to catch

“Where are you going?” I asked quickly

“Just take care off Shelly” he said again walking me out so I ran to the car to hold the door

“Dervin Please” I said slowly blocking the car door.

“Nora please, I’m not in the mood” he said taking out the keys

“Where are you going?” I shouted at him

“No where” he barked at me as he pulled me away from the car and I rush back to the car holding onto the car as the car started.

“I’ll be back later” he said and drove off leaving me in a mist.

I stood on the verandah with Shelly in my lap jumping up and down as I waited for Dervin to speed up the hill. I feel so bad for him. Knowing how much he still love his mother after all that she have been through and what she have done since his father died. I keep staring at the road, as I tried to keep Shelly calm in my lap.

“She’s playful” I heard Laura voice behind me

“Yea” I said still staring at the road.

“He’ll be back he just need to go somewhere where he’s comfortable to let out his emotions” she said joining me on the step with a tray of food. A plate of rice with cooked chicken and sweet corn, and a glass of lemonade.

“I hope he doesn’t do anything wrong, you know what they do when they are upset” I said staring at her soft and elegant face

“I don’t think he would do that know that Shelly is here” she said poking Shelly in the stomach

“I hope so” is aid still staring at the road.

“Come on eat some food while I feed beautiful Shelly here” said Aunt Laura taking Shelly out of my arm. I glance at the tray of food and back at the road. “He will be ok” she said placing Shelly to lie to down in her arms

“Alton does it all the time when I try to scold him or he doesn’t get what he wants” she said

“He’ll be back, Eat” she said with a small smile.  I just look at her and started to eat as the sunset in the horizon.  After a whole few hours waiting on Dervin. I got up and took sleeping Shelly inside.  As I got In I saw Paul In The hallway fast asleep with his sketch pad and pencils thrown all over, while Alton was asleep on the couch with a chemistry book. I slowly went up the stairs and headed to guest room that Laura showed me early knowing that Dervin won’t be back for now. Luckily I phone my mom and explain and told her I was sleeping over, but as always she instead in talking to Laura.

After placing Shelly in the middle of the bed. I slowly walk into the rest room and stood staring in the mirror as I felt a tear falling down my cheek. I quickly wipe away the tears and started to wash my face. I hope he’s ok. I thought as I slowly undress and pull on one of the big t-Shirt that Laura hand me with one of her daughter shorts who was away for university. I brush my teeth and turn out the light and slowly got on the bed pulling the cover up. After I have finally covered Shelly cuddle her into my arm. I rested my head on the pillow, ready to go to sleep. I hope you get back before the morning come. I whispered placing a kiss on Shelly cheeks.