Chapter Six

Luna looks at him and thought how she still does not know the name of this stallion.

"Excuse me."she kindly asked the gentlecolt cooking something on a small black pot by the fireplace. He turned his head to her then back to the pot again. Showing she had a fracture of his attention. "Forgive me for interrupting thy peaceful work on stirring mixed ingredients but I has't something to asketh." she said and saw him nod while continuing to cook. "What is thy name?"she asked.

Luna saw that he stopped stirring the spoon he was expertly moving with his hooves and looked at her curiously. She on the other hand stared at him with confusion. He then returned to look at the pot and stirred the spoon once again. It astounded Luna how he was able to use his hooves in stirring the wooden spoon. But it made her curious why he was not using his magic to get the job done. He does have a normal horn like any unicorn does, yet again she did not see a cutie mark on him. She let this thoughts be put aside when she heard him speak.

"Why do you want to know?"he says. Questioning her instead of replying to her question.

"Well it would be uncouth of me to depart without even knowing the name of the gentlecolt who saved me under the mercy of frostbite."Luna said as she stood on her four hooves and walked to stand beside him with a respectful distance. She heard him chuckle at the mention of the word gentlecolt.

"Do you really want to know?" he asked as he looked at her with a playful smile.

"Of course I intend to know. How else may I be able to requite thou. And I must really be on my way back home now. My sister must be in an uneasy state of mind, worrying to where I have disappeared to."she said as she waited impatiently for the answer of her question. His smile seem to have slowly faded. Luna was not sure for the reason of why so. But she chose to dismiss it and focus on hearing his name to be spoken.

"If you really are in a hurry and want to know so badly. My name is Sombra."he says and forced a smile.

"Sombra."Luna repeated in order for it to be retained in her memory. "Thank thee Sombra for helping me. I will ensure to it that I would be able to requite the kindness thou have given me. I hope to meet thou again."she smiled back at him a sincere smile. "Now if thee shall kindly pardon me I must leaveth now."she saw his expression saddened and hesitant.

"But you still haven't eaten yet."he says in attempts to make her stay longer. Coincidentally in his favor, the sound of a rumbling stomach was heard from Luna. She blushed at this and laughed for this sudden hunger she felt.

"Pardon me. I do feel peckish."she laughed again and the sound of her laughter made Sombra smile.

"Well then, I hope this soup I made would satisfy your rumbling stomach."he laughed as well. He led Luna to a table and let her take a seat as he prepared the materials necessary when eating soup.

"I hope that thy soup shall not be as distasteful as the medicine thou made me drank."she teased him and laughed. Sombra made a look on his face pretending to be offended dearly by her words.
"How could you say such things. That medicine helped with the painful headaches and now you insult them. Insult me! How dare thee!" he laughed as he scooped some of the soup into a bowl with his magic. Luna laughed with him and thanked him for the food. They both sat, ate and chatted away.

Surprisingly on Luna's part the soup that Sombra had cooked tasted marvelous on her taste buds. She enjoyed every sip of it from her spoon. Of course, even if she was very hungry and found the food very gratifying she still observed proper table manners like how a princess would dine. Yet again she is a princess she thought. Sombra seems to have no knowledge of this information.

While they sat and ate the soup on the table together, Sombra could no longer contain his curiosity. He had observed that she was simply no unicorn nor a pegasus. He knew that this particular mare right in front of him was Princess Luna, the younger sister of Princess Celestia. The alicorn princess that could raise and lower the moon. How it simply shouts in his own mind to know if his predictions were certain.

"Um...excuse me." he raises his head from the table to ask Luna and saw her look up from her own bowl as well. "I was just wondering. I don't want to sound offensive but..."he waited for the mare's approval if he could continue. "What exactly are you?"he asked in a question as if he had no idea.

He saw Luna thought of her words carefully. She stirred the spoon inside the bowl, making swirling motions upon the soup using the magic from her horn. "Well since thou answered mine question earlier I suppose it would only be fair to answer thy question as well." she paused for a moment. "I am an alicorn."

"An alicorn?" Sombra asked, pretending he doesn't know a thing.

"You see Sombra, an alicorn is a pony that has wings, just like a Pegasus, a horn in the same way a Unicorn possesses and also has the power of an Earth Pony." she explains it to him in a careful manner. Watching his facial expressions if he is able to assimilate what she is trying to say.

Sombra impressively pretended to finally understand what Luna is and let them continue to consume their meal before it could even turn cold.

They both finish their meal that they had already took in the middle of the day. The sun was high up in the sky. But it could not be easily determined at the Artic North. Luckily, the falling of heavy snow ceased for this time of day but the clouds were still their gloomy gray shades. Luna set the bowl aside along with the spoon.

"Sombra."the way she would say his name would simply make her chuckle. She is somehow surprised how she had unknowingly flown from Canterlot all the way here and made a new friend in the process. And Luna, Luna was happy about it. A pony that was not scared of her. "I guess it is now time for me to take my departure."she smiled at him but concealed the sadness in this one, for she wanted to avoid seeing him sad as well.

"Yeah. Time to go."he says and smiled back at her. Luna was not sure if he too was feeling sad and was trying not to show it to her as well.

Sombra led Luna to the exit. She saw him stand in front of the door and opened it. Standing to the side giving enough space for Luna to walk through. Before she could step on the white glistening snow she took a deep breathed and sighed. Her hoof softly stepped on the snow and a crunched sound followed. When she was fully out in the open she let her wings unfold. She was about to leap into the sky but took one last glance of Sombra, the dark gray unicorn stallion. Looking back at the same direction but was made to look back at him again when she heard him say: "Wait! I almost forgot to ask you. What is your name?"

She smiled and said: "Luna. My name is Luna." a beautiful and wondrous smile plastered upon her face. The light that bounced off the snow reflected to her and her eyes sparkled with the light.

He smiled back at her and watch with both of his green eyes the Princess of the Night soared to the skies and shrink from the distance as she disappeared from his very sight.

As she was finally gone, his smile turned sinister as his horn changed form. It became slightly curved and the tip turned red. The pupils of his eyes changed from bright green to crimson red. Lime green spreaded and the purple mist came flowing out on both sides.

"Princess Luna..."he says and cackles.

========================
There you have it Chapter Six. I guess some of you have already guessed it was Sombra. But I guess some of you might have not guessed it was him. I don't know. I hope you still enjoyed reading.