Chapter Two

Screams.

Screams were heard throughout the halls of the castle.

Luna kept screaming. She kept screaming unable to wake up from the terrible nightmares that is causing her distress.

A pony, or to be more accurate, an alicorn came rushing in through her bedroom doors. It was her sister, Princess Celestia. She rushed to an afflicted Luna and tried to wake her up and take her away from the nightmares her own mind is displaying to her.

"Luna! Luna! Wake up sister!" Celestia said using one of her front hooves to stir Luna awake.

Luna sat upright along with her eyes opening wide. Beads of sweat were formed on Luna's forehead. Her eyes were watery and dark circles can be seen beneath her eyes. She looked confused at first, trying to be sure if she was truly awake and that this is not another nightmare.

"Am I really awake? Am I no longer dreaming? Sister quick hit me that I may be released prisoner from this awful nightmare!"Luna said frantically. Celestia sighed and placed a hoof on Luna's own.

"Calm down dear sister. You are finally awake. Are you alright?" the worry clearly on Celestia's face as she asked her.

"I am alright. No need for worry. Just another nightmare...the usual as always." Luna explained to her sister as she begins to finally calm down.

"Was this nightmare any different from the others? It seems to have affected you much more than any other nightmare. Your screams were almost heard all throughout the lands of Equestria." Celestia said hypothetically.

"I-I...Sister...I d-dreamt of evil eyes that stared onto me. It was cold and dark. The shadows t-they...they pulled me into the ground. I screamed and I-I thought...I thought I was already awake from my slumber but it was s-still yet another awful dream."Luna says as she began to sob and hugged her sister. Celestia hushed her, comforting her little sister while she hugged her back, telling her everything will be alright as she caressed Luna's mane softly.

"I'm here little sister. I'm here." Celestia continued to comfort Luna as she continued to cry within her sister's loving embrace.

After a short while, Luna's sobs finally ceased as she began to fix herself up. Celestia let go of her and looked Luna in the eyes.

"Come, I believe a good meal of pancakes for breakfast will help cheer you up."she gave Luna a small smile as she did so in return.

🌙

The sun's blinding shades of light slowly began to disappear behind the mountains. Any moment now, it would be Luna's turn to raise the moon and bring night upon all of Equestria again. She stood featly high upon the balcony of the castle where all of Canterlot can be seen. Her mane and tail of cornflower blue were softly blown by the wind that keeps passing by. The sun was finally lowered and so it was time to raise the moon. She looked at the darkening sky, closing her eyes and then her horn begins to glow a color of sparkling blue, the moon begins to unveil itself into the nightsky and was accompanied with millions of twinkling stars.

The moment Luna was done raising the moon, the glow from her horn disappeared. She smiled proudly at herself as she watched the moon, shining its calm light silently above all of the lands. The moon glowed softer shades of light rather than the sun. The stars twinkled in a melody that Luna's heart listens to with delight. The nightsky was beautiful, containing different hues of blue and violet. The night was serene and it was silent.

Too silent.

Not a single pony adoring the glory of her beautiful night. Each pony were either already asleep or heading to sleep. There was no pony else with her tonight. The Princess of the Night was all alone. And she alone adores the night.

Her lips a while ago used to form a proud smile upon her face but now, it only displays sadness, pain and loneliness.

Luna remembered how she did not mention the part of her dream which her sister was involved. She feared of what Celestia may think if she knew the amount of jealousy and pain that is residing within Luna's heart. Those kinds of dreams were the ones that would haunt her everytime she would go to sleep. Sometimes her dreams would be about a black mare that looks almost shockingly like her but taller and some darker version of her. It would always scare her to the point of never wanting to sleep again.

But none of those dreams mattered at the moment. The terrifying eyes of the shadow still kept replaying on her mind. They felt like they looked deeply into her soul. If it had not been for her sister stirring her awake who knows else what could have happened next from her dream.

Luna sighed. Turned the thought aside and carried on with her duties going into the dream realm and save ponies from nightmares.

======================
Yeah! Chapter Two finally finished!!!! 😎 I wonder what the dream means? Or more likely, who is the shadow???😮 Keep reading to find out! But I guess most of you already watched the show so far and I think many of you already have an idea. Please forgive me for grammatical errors. I'm still learning so just kindly point out any mistakes and of course feel free to ask any questions on the comments. Take care dear readers.😊