Chapter Five

At the Artic North.

"Where am I?"Luna asked herself. Her wary yet sleepy eyes searched through the room. Scanning her environment carefully.

Wood. The particular structure she is residing within was almost all made out of wood. From the walls, to the doors and to the pieces of furniture. All blocks of wood that have aged through its years of existence. Then her eyes landed upon the navy blue thin layer of blanket that covered her lower body that is keeping her warm. Her vision was a bit blurry and she felt slightly dizzy. She removed the covers and stepped off the bed she had slept on. When her hooves touched the wooden floor, Luna wobbly walked to the door that was a few steps further away from her.

Each step she would take took a lot of exertion from her. She would stop for a few seconds and breathe as every part of her body refuses to keep moving forward. "Almost there." she said through unfocused thoughts. Her hoofs were only inches apart from the wooden door. Before she could even use her own magic to open it, somepony else had already opened the entrance to the cabin. The door opens with a push from the outside and a pull from the inside. As it was opened too hastily, it hit her straight on the snout. Without bracing for impact, as that was unexpected, Luna was thrown a bit away. She laid on the floor as she groaned in pain.

The dark gray stallion stepped inside the cabin too quickly as soon as he heard the distress of a pony. He realized his mistake and came in rushing to help Luna.

"Oh I'm so sorry! I-I had no idea you were at the door."he stammered as he lended a hoof to help her stand up.

Luna held a hoof to her snout to ease a bit of the pain. It hurt but it wasn't anything that severe. She glared at him full of vehemence in her teal eyes. "Who art thee? Wherefore are we hither? If thou has't wicked plans for us we would taketh no part in it." she says using the Royal Canterlot voice. As she shoved his hoof away, stood up and faced him, wings unfolded, trying to stand upright and tower over him. But failed to do so as he noticed her unsteady posture and as well as the weariness in her voice that she attempts to mask with intimidation and confidence. His mouth was about to speak but trailed off to catch a fainting Luna.

"Take it easy okay? You were almost trapped outside the snow last night for who knows how long." the stallion said carefully keeping her from losing consciousness.

The second Luna heard the words 'last night.' Her eyes opened wide. "What? Last night? What time of the day is it?"she asks and hopped out of his hooves and directly headed towards the doorway. A terrified expression was on her face as she sees the moon still high up on the sky. Slightly obscured by dark grayish clouds. Without hesitation or even thinking, she used her magic to lower the moon as soon as possible. Within one minute the moon was lowered and she observed as it was immediately followed by the sun being raised into the sky. But doing this so took all of the energy left inside her body then slowly she collapsed upon a soft cold snowy ground.

🌙

Princess Luna's eyes took their time to fully open. When all of the tiredness escaped from her eyes the first thing, or rather, the first pony she saw was the same pony whom she had encountered earlier. This time instead of acting the way she did beforehand all she did was looked at him questionably. Hoping he would know what she wants to know. Unfortunately, all he did was stare at her back. Luna could stand it no longer and decided to be the first one to initiate the conversation.

"Where...wherefore am I here?"she asked in a weak voice.

"Well, I should be asking you that since I found you lying on the snow while it poured heavily last night. I couldn't just leave you there to freeze to death. So I brought you in here."the stallion replied.

"Snow...cold..."Luna mumbled to herself as she tried to recall the happenings of how and she could have ended up lying around the snow while it poured in abundance. She closed her eyes and remembered how she was stuck too deep within her own thoughts last night to even realized where she ended up. "Didst I truly flew all the way here?" Luna asked herself. She never thought it would be possible, for the Artic North is far away from Canterlot. Her head began to feel the same unbearable sensation of pain. A hoof made its way to touch the very part where it hurts the most and gently rubbed it in hopes of relieving the sharp attack of mental anguish.

Luna felt a hoof on her shoulder and saw that it was from the stallion whom she should be very grateful for coming to her aid. But a part of her was still withholding from trusting him. She saw him taking an object from the table. It was a small bowl made out of wood. Inside the bowl contained purple liquid. She was confused. He laughed softly at her confusion. A soft canorous laughter that boomed through the air and into Luna's ears.

"Here drink this. It's a remedy I prepared before you woke up in case you would get a headache."he said softly to her. Luna looked at it reluctantly. "Don't worry it's not poisoned or anything, trust me."he added.

Still unwilling, she let him pour the contents into her mouth. At the first drop of taste she tried to push it away, it was too distasteful for her.But he still prompt her to drink it as he said it would do her good. Luna drank the medicine with repugnance. The moment she finished, she held back the urge to throw up. He chuckled at her.

"It wasn't that too disgusting."he said setting the bowl aside.

"That drinketh wast utterly far from mine liking."Luna kept attempting to shrug off the aftertaste that remained in her mouth. "What contents of ingredients had such purple liquid contained?" she asked as she stuck out her tongue in disgust.

"Oh you know....just some.. spices? I don't really recall what they are called to be honest."the stallion replied in embarrassment for the lack of knowledge what the specific ingredients the medicine had contained.

🌙

Back at the castle standing on Canterlot grounds, Celestia felt a bit of relief when she had seen the moon began to be lowered down. It meant that Luna was still out there and what she feared the most is not what she thought was happening right now. But it still bothers her where her younger sister might be. Not a word of good news was heard from the royal guards.

"Where are you Luna?" Celestia asked herself as she gazed out the windows of the castle.

========================
Finally!!!! *sighs* this took long.
Please kindly comment down the grammatical errors found in every chapter. Thank you.

Dear readers I hope you like the story so far. And thank you very much again for giving my fanfic a chance. 😊