Ballet, Ice Cream & Brothers

Emerson and Nate finally made it to the recital. Now the two of them stood at the back with the two police officers, Marcus, Kurt and Nick.

"Welcome parents to last performance of year. This is our dance spectacular! Now, for this year, we have thrown some hip hop moves in there. Like this:" She started to dance around the stage.

"You watch her, I'll make sure you don't live to see those test." Emerson hissed into her boyfriend's ear.

"Believe me, I only got eyes for your, babe." He kissed the top of her head.

XXX

"You were so good!" Nate picked up his little sister as her and his parents met them outside.

"Thank you!" Becky grinned.

XXX

"So what did you say to him?" Eric asked Lenny as they walked towards the Ice Cream House.

"I said 'if you speak to me like that again in front of my wife and kid, I will brush your teeth with a brick'."

"No you didn't, you just yelled at me." Becky said.

"I DON'T YELL AT YOU! I'm just sayin' you guys weren't there."

"Look who it is, 20 'Voss Waters', right? Bet they do it at holly-weird." Dickie Bailey spoke.

"Oh god." Emerson slapped at hand over her moth, running towards the bathroom, at the smell of the onions cooking.

"Emery!" Nate ran after her.

XXX

"Are you okay, honey?" Roxanne asked as they walked back over to the table.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Emmy, are you gonna come by to meet your brother?" Marcus asked his daughter.

"Yeah, I need more clothes anyway."

XXX

"Who's the hottie?" Emerson asked, walking into Roxanne's Boutique, Nate behind her.

"Excuse me?" Nate turned to his girlfriend.

"Uh, guys, this is my yoga instrouctor, Kyle. Kyle, this is my son Nate and his girlfriend, Emerson." Roxanne introduced.

"Hi." Kyle smiled at the two, Becky perched up on his shoulders.

"Gay?" Emerson questioned, pointed towards him.

"Emmy!" Roxanne exclaimed as Nate laughed.

"She's fine." Kyle laughed, "But yes, I'm gay."

"Huh."

Suddenly they heard yelling from outside. Looking at each other, they walked out to find a tire rolling past with Lenny, Kurt, Eric and Kitty running after it.

"Higgins is in the tire!" Lenny yelled, passing by.

"Of course." Both Roxanne and Emerson spoke.

Kitty ran ahead and kicked the tire, "Liar!" She yelled.

The tire kept going until Fluzzo stopped it with his chest. The tire spun for a few moments until it stopped and Marcus puked.

"I'm next!" Lenny yelled.

"No, I'm next!" They started to fight over who went next.

"Hey!" Marcus yelled, standing up, "What happened?!"

"I got a phone call." Lenny told him.

"Oh, I forgive you. Was it long distance or something?"

"Don't wanna kick a guy when he's down, Higgins, but we caught your son with a can of spray paint looking like he was up to no good." Dante told Marcus.

"You lied about the soup!" A ruff voice yelled.

Emerson turned to the police car, finding a long haired blonde boy.

"That's your brother?" Nate asked.

"Nah, that's my goldfish." Emerson spoke sarcastically.

XXX

Emerson got out of her dad's car, the police letting the blonde boy out of the handcuffs around his wrist.

"Hey, uh, officers, you guys wanna stick around and have a drink with me, hang out a little bit?" Marcus asked.

"You're afraid of us leaving you alone with your son, aren't you?" Fluzzo asked.

"My son...Are you kidding me? I don't care-,"

"BOO!" Braden yelled.

"He's got a knife!" Marcus yelled, jumping on Fluzzo

Emerson giggled, "I like him."

XXX

Emerson and her younger half-brother sat outside, talking when Marcus came out.

"Look man. I know deadbeat dads always have lame excuses on why they don't see their kids which is actualy a fantastic excuse." Marcus said, "So, can you cut me some slack?"

"Her names not Hiccups McGee." Braden spoke up.

"Yeah, I know that."

"So why do you call her that?"

"Uh, no, that's just...it's stupid. It's just kind of a nickname I give people that, you know have a distinct trait or physical feature."

Braden brushed back his hair with his knife as Emerson's phone vibrated with a text from Nate, telling her he was up the road and would be there in a few short minutes.

"Life if someone had big lips, you'd call them Lippy McGee. And if they sneezed a lot, you'd all them Sneezy McGee."

"Ah, so you'd be Ugly McGee." Braden said.

"I'd be Ugly McGee. Exactly." Marcus said as Nate pulled into the driveway.

"Alright." Emerson stood up from her chair. "See you guys at the party."