The Funeral

Emerson Higgins sat on the old couch in her fathers living room, a book in her hands and a bag of chips sitting next to her. She had been sitting there all day, waiting for the next girl her father had slept with to do the walk of shame.

It didn't take long for a tall blonde girl to come out her father's room, Marcus Higgins behind her with a sad look on his face.

"Come back sometime!" Emerson called to the girl with a smirk on her face, "What's us you with you?"

"Do you remember me talking about Coach Buzzer?" Marcus sat next to his daughter.

"Old Basketball coach, right?" She shut the book and sat up.

"Yep. He passed away." Marcus rubbed his hands over his face, "His funeral is Friday. Then pack because we're gonna stay at the old lake house with a few of my other friends."

"Andre, Charlotte and Donna are gonna be there?" Emerson asked.

"Yeah. And my buddy Lenny, he has a few kids. One of his son's is your age." Marcus said as she got up.

"I hope he's freaking hot!" She called out, already walking towards her bedroom.

"No boys!"

"No promises!"

✖️✖️✖️

Emerson followed after her father as he walked towards a man talking to his family

Emerson followed after her father as he walked towards a man talking to his family. There was a little girl, two short boys and a taller boy around her age. From the pictures her dad had shown her, the man was Lenny Feder.

"What? No! No cellphones!"

"Wait, no cellphones? Then I'm out of here!" Marcus joked and his daughter rolled her eyes at him.

"Higgy!" Lenny as Marcus laughed.

Marcus started to dance, "Who's ready to get their funeral on? I'm sorry, death makes me weird."

"God, how are you my father?" Emerson shook her head.

"This your daughter, Higgins?"

"Yep."

"EMMY!" Two voices shouted and suddenly she was wrapped in a hug on both her left and right.

"Charlotte! Andre!" She grinned, hugging them back, "I saw you guys just yesterday."

"Yeah, but we missed you." Andre looked up at her after Charlotte let go of the older teen.