melancholy bride | lolu | fluff

The sullen stare of a golden-locked doll was the only thing present in the dressing room inside Kardia Cathedral. Her eyes laid low at the wooden floor, her dark, mink eyelashes slowly batting against her blushed cheeks as she blinked, her thoughts drowning the buzz and vibrations outside. Alone in the dressing room, all dolled up and ready for the aisle, she remained seated on the only chair in there, her hands laid down on the ruffles in her wedding dress. She couldn't believe that she was having thoughts like these when she was just about ready to walk down the aisle. She sighed as she turned her head towards the window, blinking away the tears that were one the verge of staining her cheeks.

The ceremony was supposed to start in a few minutes, but word got out that the blushing bride was nowhere to be seen. Frantic guests gossiped among themselves, coming up with countless theories of where Lucy could be. Like murmurs brought by the wind, the news had also reached the groom. His best man, Gray, had been the one to break the news to him, yet Loke looked calm and collected the whole time compared to the ice mage.

"But what if Lucy isn't there? What are you gonna do then?!" Gray asked, his voice filled with worry.
A small smirk snaked up the brunette's lips. "Trust me, I know my own girl more than I really know myself. I know what to do," he reassured.

  ☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆  

With each step he took to the dressing room, Loke's heart thumped louder and louder. In actuality, he was beyond frightened of what awaited him beyond those doors. Fear slowly filled itself inside his heart, but he brushed it off quickly and filled it with an overbearing sense of false-pride. He hesitated for a moment, but nonetheless he knocked on the door, a cold sweat running down his spine despite the pride plastered on his face.
"Lucy? Darling, are you okay?" He asked. With no answer coming from the other side, he grasped the doorknob and turned it slightly.

"I'm coming in, Lucy."

Echoes of his footsteps bounced off the walls as he walked in the room. He was greeted by the sight of his blushing bride sadly staring off into the distance, and it really pulled at his heartstrings. Slowly, he walked towards her and lightly placed his palm on the blade of her shoulder.

"Sweetheart, you alright?" Loke asked softly, his facial features matching the tone of his voice. He was met with the soft touch of her hand slowly cupping his. Lucy turned her head towards him, and he was met with a pair of sad eyes on the most beautiful face he had ever seen in his life. He stared, mesmerized.

"Loke... I-" she choked, and she quickly turned away, trying to blink the tears away.

The brunette's feline eyes flashed open.

"Lucy!" Loke said as he moved in front of her. He knelt down in front of her to be at her eye level, and cupped her cheeks as she averted her face from his, clearly on the verge of tears. "Lucy, what's wrong darling? What happened?"

She didn't answer.

"Lucy, please tell me what's wrong."
The blonde brushed Loke's hands off her face and finally looked at him.

"Why are you so keen on taking my last name?" Lucy said quickly.

Loke gaped at her. "Pardon?"

"I'm sorry, I just- I have a lot on my mind today," Lucy intervened. "I'm sorry for making you worry, Loke."
"That was not what you said just now." Loke said, his hazel eyes locked onto her. "Please tell me what's on your mind."

She averted her eyes towards the floor. "It's... selfish of me to ask you this. It really is."
"Nothing you do is ever selfish, Lucy. You really are the most selfless person I know."

She lifted her glossy eyes up and gazed at him. "Why are you so willing to take my last name? I would've been completely fine in taking yours instead."

Loke was quiet.

He placed his hand on top of her knee. "I don't have a real last name, Lucy. You know that."
Lucy gazed into his eyes, completely lost in thought.
"I could've taken your human last name," whispered Lucy.
"It wasn't even a real name. Yours is though."
"That's not the whole reason. You're not telling me," she pressed.

Loke moved closer and straightened his back.

"Well, sweetheart..." He started. As he stared into her brown, doe-like eyes, everything just seemed to make sense. "I took your last name because you've given me everything I wanted in life," he smiled slightly, "You gave me the ability to love you as much as you love all your keys, and you've given me a home."

Lucy's eyes dilated as they soften against her features. "Loke, you've always had a home. You have the Celestial World."

The celestial spirit held her hand softly. "Anywhere is home as long as you're there, Lucy. I don't love the Celestial World like I love you. You've given me a reason to live every single day, and that is to make you happy."

She gaped at him slightly, her face clearly indicating that she was taken aback from his confession. "Loke... I never knew you thought this deep about things like that."

"Lucy, with everything you have given me throughout the time we had together, the least I could do is take your last name." He said, flushed.

Out of the blue, she cupped her hands on his cheeks and stroked his skin slightly, looking at him tenderly. There was a slight tint to her cheeks that really made Loke fall in love with her all over again. Carefully, he placed his large hands on hers, as he sheepishly smiled at her. Lucy met his smile with a shy smile of her own.

"Well darling, what are we waiting for? Everyone's waiting for the blushing bride."

    ☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆  

hey everyone, long time no see! i'm so sorry i haven't been updating that often ;; i've got many story ideas coming so don't worry!  this is quite a short drabble but personally i kinda like it! 

Don't forget to vote and comment! ☆