it's my birthday, sweetheart pt.1 | rolu | fluff (?)

Warning! Contains explicit language!
The school bell rung defiantly through the school halls as the students rushed out of their classrooms as quickly as they could. All except for one particular raven-haired boy, with his confident yet laid-back stride, that somehow made him a fan favourite of the school.

Rogue was walking in his own comfortable pace to the discipline room, awaiting for the bi-weekly prefect meetings that was about to happen. As he reached his destination, he suddenly picked up bits of conversations coming from inside the room. He looked at his watch, and the time showed that it was 3 in the afternoon. The meeting was supposed to start in about 10 minute's time, but upon hearing voices coming from inside the room, Rogue had the idea that his watch was somehow broken and entered the room, glancing around to take in the familiar faces he knew all to well.

"Rogue? What the hell you doing here?" Sting said as he glanced up at Rogue, with the rest of the prefect boards copying his movements. There were faces of shock mixed with worry and nervousness plastered on the sea of faces in the room. Yukino glanced between Sting and Rufus, who both had expressions of surprise written all over their faces. She then looked at Rogue, and when their eyes met, she quickly averted her gaze, a guilty look washing over her face. Rogue's gaze returned to the crowd, scanning the faces he knew all to well.

"The meeting doesn't start until 10 minutes time. But why is everyone here? Is there something important that you all can't discuss with me?-"

"Look, Rogue, this isn't anything important, it's just-" Minerva spoke, but she was interrupted by Sting's sudden statement.

"We can't tell you about your birthday surprise, goddamnit"

"Sting!" the rest of the prefects say in unison as Rogue's eyes widened in surprise just as the blonde realized what he had just said and covered his mouth while he internally cursed at himself for unravelling their plans.

"You idiot!" Minerva shouted at him as she suddenly grabbed hold of a thick book and was about to throw it at Sting before the very book she was holding was unconsciously taken from her hands by Rogue. She looked up at him, her eyes burning back at his with a glint of fury in them. The black-haired boy kept his cool as he swiftly placed the book back in the bookcase and glanced at the prefect board sitting before him, completely ignoring Minerva's deathly glare.

"What is the meaning of this? What 'birthday surprise' are all of you planning to host?" he said as he tried to study the expressions that formed on every individual prefect in the room. Rogue knew them for a long time, and since he had been elected as Head Prefect, the time spent between the Prefect committee had increase drastically, until to the point where they assume they were all as close as a real family. The room stood in pin-drop silence until a uncomfortable-looking Orga lightly nudged Yukino and Rufus, and they both looked at each other, as if communicating telepathically before Yukino cleared her throat and confessed to Rogue.

"Well... we decided since your birthday is coming up next week, why not host a birthday bash for you? You've been an amazing head prefect, the best one we've had in years, so in a way, we all want to repay you for everything you've done for us."

Rogue was, to say the least, flustered. A slight blush rose to his cheeks as he averted his eyes from the intriguing stares of those around him, a small, boyish smile forming on his lips. His mind was a mess right now, he didn't know what to say, or even how to react. Never in his whole life did he expect the prefect board to remember his birthday, much less celebrate it. When a smile formed on his lips, a few people chuckled while others laughed gleefully, some even in awe that the usually serious Head Prefect had shown his somewhat soft side to them.

"You guys..." Rogue uttered as he looked back at the sea of faces that stared back at him with kind gazes. "You all didn't have to do this for me, you know..."