two's company | laxlu | fluff

Lucy stormed out of the guild's entrance, tears on the edges of her eyes. Feelings of sadness and betrayal had accumulated every part of her brain, as she witnessed her significant other, Natsu making out with another woman on the day of their anniversary. Mirajane called out for her but to no avail, Lucy had sprinted out of there before she had the chance to stop her.

Lucy ran through the town, her tears finally falling out from her tearducts. She had no plan to where she was running off to, but her legs still carried on off until she had reached the forest on the outskirts of town. Surrounded by the lush greenery, her legs finally gave away and she fell on to the soft grass, her knees supporting her upper body. She tried to stop her tears from falling but it became the opposite. Her tears stained her clothes and fell to the ground, her voice cracking while sobbing to her hearts content. She could finally let out her feelings where there wouldn't be anyone to overhear and judge her emotional behaviour.

Laxus was lazing at the lake in the forest when he heard loud sobbing not far from where he was. He first ignored it, but as it grew louder and louder, he got annoyed and went to confront the person disrupting his leisure time.

"Tch, what the hell? Can that person just shut up already? It's driving me insane," muttered the muscular blonde under his breath while walking towards the cries. The sobs grew louder and louder with each step he made.

He finally got close enough and to his suprise, the sobbing came from his fellow guild member, Lucy Heartfilia. He cautiously walked towards her and stood in front of her. As she was covering her eyes with her hands, she did not realize his presence.

"Oi, Lucy, are you alright?"

She jerked her head up and saw Laxus looming at her, as she was sitting on the ground while he was standing up. Her eyes were puffy from all the crying and her throat was hoarse and dry.

"L-Lax *hic* -us, I-I'm alright. *hic*"

She tried to smile it off but then before she knew it, Laxus was sitting on the ground right in front of her. His eyes were staring straight at hers, full of serious intent.

"Please just tell me what's wrong, Lucy."

She remained silent for a while until she suddenly threw herself at Laxus and started crying her eyes out, the tears staining his sleeves and shoulder. They held this position for a few minutes until Lucy had calmed down and pulled away from him.

"Thanks for that. It really made me feel better."

His stern gaze became softer and a slight smile crept up his lips. That comment made him feel happy inside, and he didn't know why.

"So tell me, what actually happened until you bawled your eyes out?"

"Well, where do I even begin? It's gonna be one hell of a ride so you better keep your ears focused on every word I say, ok blondie?"

"Just continue already, I haven't got all day,"

"Hey! Just listen to me for a moment! Hmph!" exclaimed Lucy while pouting her lips. In all honesty, he wouldn't mind listening to her bitching for hours on end.

The both of them strolled around the forest while Lucy was ranting to Laxus about the scene that she saw with her own two eyes.
"I mean, it's our anniversary for Mavis' sake, and this is what you give me?! A first person view of you practically sucking the living breath out of another girl! How much of a horny dog can you be?! You might as well strip her off her clothes in front of me you stupid fuckboy! Ugh! Boys freaking suck! They really do!"