Prologue

Laura

I know what you're thinking. 

What happened?

To be completely honest, I'm still not entirely sure. I can recall the week before our wedding, when Ross said that he wasn't ready, and I happily agreed to push the date, understanding that it was a big step to be taking and I wanted both of us to be ready. 

And one month turned into a couple more months, and then a year. 

On what was supposed to be our first anniversary as husband and wife, I woke up and saw him standing in the middle of the bedroom with a suitcase packed. I knew it was coming, it was just a matter of when. 

"So this is it? You're going?" I had asked him. I already knew. We both knew. 

He only nodded. 

"Can I ask why?" My tone was getting a bit more aggressive. I felt like I had the right to know. "Ross?" I repeated, his freshly dyed brown hair blocking his eyes from meeting mine. "Fine, don't tell me. That's your choice. But if you walk out that door, it's over. For good." I was aware that I sounded harsh. It was the build up of this moment for months that had me so on edge. 

He took a deep breath.

"Let's get one thing straight here. If I've learned one thing from all of this, it's that clearly we're not supposed to end up together!" Ross said in a harsh tone. I laughed. "What happened to never letting me go again?" I retorted, narrowing my gaze at him. Ross rolled his eyes. "Don't throw that back at me. We both know we rushed into things. We can't keep doing this to each other, Laura." Ross spat. 

"Fine. You go your way, and I'll go mine then. We can forget this ever happened." 

And just like that, just as if it had never happened at all, I was back to square one. 

I may as well be back in high school again. I may as well be back to writing songs for their band that doesn't even exist anymore. I may as well rethink my entire life. 

I may as well start everything all over. 

_____________

here we go...

the finale I've been wanting to write for years now is finally underway. there's some things that are going to require a lot of answering. there's gonna be some wild stuff taking place.

there's gonna be some good stuff too, though. 

also a quick mention// this book is gonna be synced with real time. that means events going on in their lives today are fair game for this story and I'm gonna do my best to make sure things work as seamlessly as possible.

hope you guys are as pumped for this as I am. it's been waaaay to long.

Chapter 1 is currently in the works, this is just the little preview for what's to come, basically just setting the scene for the story. 

until I publish chapter one, go check out the other story I've been working on! it's by far my best work ever, and I love the story with all my heart. It's a Harry Styles fanfic called "A Day in the Life" and I'm gonna be writing both stories at the same time so feel free to check that one out too. it's got almost 30 chapters already so there's lots for you to read (:

see you on chapter 1 

all my love,

haileexoxo

p.s.

LETS DO THIS THING !!!!