Chapter 5

Hey guys, I am truly sorry for the wait (I know, bad me) and I will be from a few more chapters, going back through this story and making it better. Please enjoy, I am a new writer (who should write a lot faster) and all comments, votes and reads makes me want to write more, to share more of my stories with you.

We arrive in Provence by carriage as the rain splashes the window, making heavy 'thums' on the roof. Looking down I feel a sharp pain in my foot as a doctor pokes and prods it. "The swelling will go down soon, just need a few days rest and only light walking if you can manage it." The doctor says and I acknowledge him with a simple nod.

Looking out past the rain, I see villagers running inside and children jumping in puddles as scolding parents grab them while muttering curses as they get drenched. A smile forms on my face as I see such a nice society out in the smaller places.

The carriage makes a swift stop and as I lurch forward, hearing panicked sorrys my way. Ignoring them, since I don't care, I place a delicate step out side as an umbrella expands out in front of me. My shoes get drenched in the deep puddles and the door is thrown out in welcome. "M'Lady! Your soaking, Jarah! Run the bath!" I see a hard faced woman yell.

Feeling my body collapse into a warm chair with a fire blazing at my feet makes me feel like a princess. "M'Lady, I heard the news." I see the hard faced woman say. I give her a strange look. "Oh excuse me, I'm Lady Helen, wife of Lord Xavier" the woman says quickly. Lord Xavier is a strange man, we all are wary of him. He spends his days locked up inside the top of a massive tower doing god knows what. How does that woman deal with this? Well, we all know why he picked her as a wife, she doesn't ask questions about what he does. She just likes the money and being high up than everyone else.

"That is quite alright" I respond and she smiles in relief. I hate speaking formally, and since my family is so high up and especially me for some reason, people are afraid to make me angry or are too scared to speak to me just in case I don't like what they say. I have a lot of power apparently.

"What happened?" Helen says curiously, she loves gossip. "People are saying, not me, that you ran away from Eric" she continues. I get this nagging feeling of dread at the bottom of my stomach so I decide not to tell anyone what had happened. Looking at her puzzled expression I laugh, adding to the fake reply. "No! Who would run away from Eric?" I say and she gives a smile. Helen is about to ask something when tea is set down between us.

Having a lady sip, I place my cup back down. I look at her, waiting for conversation. She takes this opportunity to ask away. "So, how did you end up here?" Helen asks with big, curious eyes. Taking a moment before replying, I make sure to really think about what I'm about to say, because this story is what I will have to keep using. "Well, I was strolling in town when I wanted to go for a walk, to clear my head. So I left town and tripped over, when I woke up, I was here mysteriously. I definitely tripped over because of my foot." I say, hoping it was convincing. Her face lights up as she stares at my foot, believing my story.

"Thats terrible! I hate tripping over, oh miss how unfortunate, I will get Jarah to get going with the bath" she says before hurrying off. I breathe a sigh of relief as I realise I finally don't feel like I'm being observed and asked questions along every second of my time. I hear shouting coming from the kitchen from what sounds like a male. I then hear Helen crying and get a glimpse of her sad face as she runs upstairs.

Not wanting to sit here, my imagination goes wild and the feeling of adventure pounds through me with every heartbeat. I get up and silently walk towards the kitchen. My foot throbs with small and heated pain but I ignore it as I find my way to the kitchen. Looking over I catch a small glimpse of a large man in my vision, before he walks away. He gives me the creeps.