Chapter 3

Hi everyone, thank you for continuing with the story and are keeping up so far, don't forget to vote and comment to show me I should put up more chapters 😄

"You should have been nicer towards Eric! No wonder no one in the family wants you as his bride!" My mother snaps. "If no one wants me in the family, why do I have to marry him! Why not Marianne? Clearly tonight she was ALLL over him! And u wonder why I didn't talk to him through dinner!" I yell at my mum, I cringe knowing I will get a smack but mother stops. "Ann was flirting with him?" She barely whispers. "Oh and I think so much more than that!" I say knowing what this will lead to.

Revenge is so sweet as I hear my mother yell at my sister. My sister is her sacred and amazing daughter, so when there's a time I can get back at Ann, I take my chances. My sister is the classic girl who wants to fit in and is exactly the opposite of me which makes us enemies. I have no idea why I'm the one who has to marry Eric. My mind drifts back as I close my eyes on the bed.

Black swirls my vision, as bright coloured dots flash across. They suddenly come together as a picture forms, but not just any picture, a memory. I look around and realise that I'm young, around five. Back then my blue eyes were too big for my face as today they are only slightly. My hair is blonde and flows around me as I'm shaken out of bed.

"Sweetie, my little girl we have to get up. I'm sorry, we have to do something important" my mother smiles. Mother never treats me like that now. "Mummy, what's going on?" I say so innocently. Mother just smiles. "You will find out soon pumpkin" she replies and I giggle as she taps my nose. "Sis! Let's go eat breakfast! Let's eat the scones we made yesterday!" My sister calls out from the hallway. Looking back, I now realise how nice everything is. How I wish everything is now.

Running down the stairs I trip and mother catches me. "Sweetie, careful!" She calls out as I continue to race down the stairs. I quickly gulp down breakfast and giggle with Ann as we make jokes. Racing out the door we arrive at The Lords house. How strange.

I now find myself strapped in a chair. My vision goes blurry in the dream and I vaguely hear myself scream. I feel tremendous pain and a woman is standing over me, mumbling and babbling. Chanting something over and over. My screams get louder and the pain seers through me. I vaguely see my surroundings.

The image flashes and I'm outside a door. "Its true. But we will not know for certain until later. Every year from this date we have to test" I hear The Lord say. "But every year they grow stronger to the formula!" I hear my father reply. "When the time comes. 13 years from now. Be ready." An elderly woman says. The dream goes fuzzy and I am now standing in a pool of freezing water with someone screaming at me. I hear voices telling me to get out.

I instantly wake up from my dream and see mother yelling at me and my blanket thrown on the floor making me feel freezing. So that was what the pool of cold water in my dream was all about. I now think it wasn't a memory, I thought It was originally because it felt so real. "What a weird dream" I mumble. Mum looks at me weirdly. "A dream you say?" She states and I nod. "Was it a strange dream?" She asks innocently. "Yes mother. Really strange" I reply and look up at her. She is deep in thought.

After hurrying breakfast in my cold chair and small table in the back of the kitchen, I decide to sneak out of the house to the village, before everyone wakes up. "Reylissa!" I hear a voice behind me, and without looking back I rush out the door, and slamming it behind me. Hearing faint voices yell my name, I rush out and hide at the bottom of the massive marble stairs to the side.

The door screeches open and I hear footsteps chase down the steps towards me. "Reylissa!" I hear my father call. "Get back in here!" He calls out again. Deciding to stay quiet, I shrink deeper into the shadow, hoping I wont be caught. If they find me, I will be deliberately ignoring them which will give me the biggest punishment.