Chapter 2

Here comes chapter 2, hope you like it! Oh and for my other book, The War That Killed The World, I refrain from putting it up because the first chapters are a few years old..meaning I wrote it a few years ago and decided to pick up the story again and finish it. I havnt had time to edit, so when I get my act together (which I hope is soon!) I will be uploading many more chapters! - even though I upload without editing I'm still a bit on the edge with the first few chapters ☺️ anyway, into the story! Please tell me throughout the book if it needs more description or any spelling mistakes and I will gladly go over it

The massive mansion looms over us like a mystic castle I've seen in those stories where Dracula lives. The places courtyard is the size of a small village, and the castle is built for attacks, which is weird because as far as the whole world knows, no one is going to start a war. I never question it though.

"Welcome!" I hear a booming voice in the large, eerie hall. We go around a corner to see Lord Tryanth, his wife Lesimi and their son Eric. "It is very wonderful to be in your presence, let alone your home, your grace." My mother curtsies. "It is our pleasure as business partners" Lord Tryanth replies. Business? Is your business treating people like crap?

I snap out of my thoughts to see Eric take my arm around his. My reactions are screaming to whack him on the head and run for my life, but seeing my mothers face I decide to play along. As I always have. And that's probably never going to change, always having to please everyone else.

"Good evening, my lady. You look beautiful" Eric says courtly. I push back the urge to puke. "Of course My Lord, anything that pleases you. I am your genie, your wish is my command." I reply with a tinge of seduction that makes him pull me tighter.

I have to admit, Eric is very handsome, and any girl would fall into his arms instantly. But I'm that kind of person that hates to be forced into anything and doesn't liked to be controlled. I don't want to get married. That means pleasing a husband for eternity by looking irresistible, doing his washing and raising kids, how boring! I want adventure, not a pathetic locked up life. Anyway, if I had to do that to anyone, I would want to be in love- not pretending.

"Dinner should be soon, Maya, Kiroph. We need to talk about-" Lord Tryanth says to my parents but makes eye contact with me for the last sentence, but only for a split second, that has me rethinking if he even looked at me at all. "-A hole in our plan." I hear a gasp from my mother. "A hole? Surely none of this was because-" she begins to reply but my father cuts her off. "Lead the way My Lord. Let's discuss" he says quickly and the adults walk out of the room.

"Eric! How wonderful to see you" my sister exclaims. She has always liked him and always tries her best for them to become an item, unfortunately that will only happen if I die, since I'm the heir. "You look beautiful, how is it that I am blessed with having two of the most beautiful girls right next to me?" He replies making my sister sigh. "Oh, your grace. Hearing something like that from you makes me feel like an angel." She leans in next to him and whispers something in his ear which makes him grin from ear I ear. Her fingers land on his chest. Deciding I really don't want to watch her be pathetic, I leave.

Taking one step around a corner already makes me feel dizzy. There are so many corridors and rooms that look exactly the same, and it doesn't help that there is exact same furniture in a particular spot in each end of corridors. I end my endless walk with going up some stairs, hoping to relieve my legs.

Suddenly I hear raised voices coming from a few rooms away. Embarrassed that someone will think im eavesdropping from the top of the stairs, I turn the other way. I hear my name yelled and I cringe, then realising its coming from the room.

Very faintly I hear the voices rising and rising. "She has been naughty. What are we to do?" I hear someone say. The voices drop in and out. "Into more pressing matters-" I begin to hear"-has to be stopped!" Someone yelled. "The Reisingr is the center if everything, if the Reisha Drago's come or they escape, we will loose absolutely everything!" I freeze. Most of this sentence consists of words I've never heard before.