Chapter 4

Sorry, short chapter, I will make longer ones and maybe extend this chapter and change it a little ☺️

I wake up with a start, spluttering and choking, as water fills my lungs. Heaving and panting, inside screaming for air I run out of the body of water I'm in and collapse on the ground, choking out all the water I can. I'm lucky to be alive.

The world finally stops spinning and my headache clears, I stand up and take a good look at my surroundings. I'm in a forest.. I have no idea where I am.. Well this great. Shivering, I sit in the sun and take off my excess clothes, hoping to dry them off. Its so cold!

Deciding I have to do something, I try to light a fire. Now.... What do book characters do? Hmmm... Grabbing two sticks, I rub them together. I think I can do it! But within seconds my arms get so sore, I groan and yell in frustration as the sun sets and nothing is working. Huh, so much for lighting a fire! Darkness soon descends apon the world, and I am left stuck in the middle of nowhere! Thats right. Lost, I have no idea where I.... Am..... Thats when a thought trickles in my head. What if.. What if I'm outside the fence? Jumping up I take another look around. I sigh, I cant find my way in the darkness.

Going over to my clothes I see they are mostly dry, shivering, I put them on as they are the only thing I have to keep warm. Finding soft moss by the river, leaves and dirt, I make myself a semi comfortable bed-thing. As soon as my head touches the soft mound, I don't realise how tried I am. Drifting off into a deep sleep, I try to begin to recognise my day but it all sloshes around like a mist that gets vacuumed away from my conscience.

***********

Waking up my limbs are sore, a sore that I've never felt before from my soft and extremely comfortable bed back home. I panic for a second before calming down and realising where I am. All the memories and emotions come flooding back. Oh god, I was kidnapped! And then thrown out here in the middle of nowhere... Which, being over the wall might be the case. Today, I'm going to search for the surrounding wall, which will bring me to a conclusion. Hopefully.

Realising I have nothing more to bring along on this trip, I take a step out into the sun, letting it warm my freezing body thats going wild with shivers. Looking up into the sun, I have no idea where to start. I twirl into a circle until I pick a direction and start heading towards it.

Hours go by, only knowing from the suns position and all it see is trees. Lots and lots of boring trees that are giving me no help what so ever. Giving a yell in frustration I kick my foot on a rock, only to find a sharp and excruciating pain shoot up my leg, making me yell even louder. Numbness climbs its way up my foot and I realise how bad I have hit it. Taking a deep breath, I let the tears fall as I rock back and forwards, comforting my foot, I'm scared to move it too much.

I hear the leaves rustle over in a clearing. 'Snap!' I hear more sounds of nature breaking as I force myself out of this pain and look around cautiously. Hearing more sounds getting closer and closer, I put my hand up to my mouth to stop my loud breathing. Not, I now realise, that its important because I'm an easy target to spot. I see a shadow dart around me and I feel vulnerable as I see how exposed I am.

Grabbing a stick beside me eases a little of my stress as I aim it at the shadow. Maybe I can be lucky again and kill someone. That was an arrow though, there is no way this stick will pierce through someone's head no matter how much force you put behind it. It's just going to snap anyway. I grab a rock, also next to me that has sharp point, easing more of my anxiety.

"Who's there?" I call out hoping for a reply. After listening to a long silence I realise that no ones going to respond. I continue to stare at the shadow, until I hear a noise behind me. Gasping, I turn to find someone standing over me with a sword drawn out. The person is tall and has a big build so it would be stupid for me to run or attack.

"Who are you?" He says in a low voice. Not dropping the sword, I keep eyeing it. "Reylissa" I respond shaking. "Reylissa, just Reylissa?" He asks calmly. "If I told you who I am, you would change your view about me because of the way my family is." I say, trying to be as calm as he is, which is clearly not working. "And you are not like them?" He asks curiously. "No." I say as I look into his brown eyes. "I wont judge. But for the sakes that I'm the one with the sword and have to report to my master, I need to know your name." He responds bored.

I think for a while. Out of all that has happened... Would it be wise for people to know my name? But at the same time I would be treated properly. "Blackmarch" I say quickly, and immediately he slightly lowers his guard and smirks. "Miss Blackmarch! The one who has the marry Lord Tryanth's son? Funny meeting you here!" He exclaims while trying not to laugh. "I see you have gotten sick of him already" he says eyeing me thinking I have run away.

"No you idiot. Yes I don't want to marry him but I am not here because of that" I say sternly. He just raises his eyebrows. "Oh and that reason is?" I stop. I cant tell him! What would I even say? Oh sir, I was kidnapped? How stupid. "You said you wouldn't judge." Is all I reply with and he shrugs. "Come with me." He responds with. "Where am I?" I ask and he laughs. "I'm beginning to wonder if someone put you here." He says and I give a growl of annoyance. "Just answer the question!" I almost yell and he flinches. "Provence."

Provence? Are you kidding me? Thats aaalllll the way on the other side of our world! It's going to take hours to get home! "What's your name?" I ask politely. He gives me a strange look. "What do you want to know that for?" He says back. "One, I have more authority over you and two, you know mine" I say smugly. He gives me a tired look. "Jarim" he says. "Nice to meet you, Jarim" I say and I see him smile. "Not the best way to make an entrance." He says while trying not to laugh. "You don't like formalities, do you?" I ask curiously and he shrugs. "I'm guessing you don't too because other wise you would have ordered me by now" he replies and my head goes deep into thought.