-24-

It was a few weeks later.

The result of Tom being shot had him in a coma. The doctors aren't sure when he will wake up or even if he will wake up.

Tord sat by his side every day. Neglecting his own health in order to be with his lover. His co-leaders have had to step in, in Red Leaders place to ensure things carry on going.

Knowing how close Tom, Edd and Matt were, Tord had ordered a plane for Edd and Matt to come over and visit their best friend. Which they had done and currently had their own place for the time being.

So here Tord was, his hands clutching Toms pale ones. His head was resting against them as if it was some cliche movie. Occasionally he would just look down at Tom and imagine him being awake. His eyes open, his face full of life and smiling widely back at him. It was all just fantasy.

The only current sound was that from his heart monitor machine, it gave Tord some kind of comfort to just listen to it beep.

A knock sounded at the door and slowly opened to reveal a member of the co-leadership team.

"Red Leader sir, we have come with news that America have surrendered. They have signed the forms and are now in your command. What would you like to do sir?"

Tord looked to the co-leader "um. Can you handle this for a while and when things sort out I will come back."

"Yes Red Leader. Take all the time you need. Well bring back decisions so you can make it final."

"Thank you."

The co-Leader bowed his head and made his exit.

"You hear that Tom? We've conquered America. If only you were awake." Tord sighed sadly and resumed his previous position.

What he didn't witness was the slight flinch of the other hand. Toms eyes slowly opened. Taking a few moments to adjust to the lighting of his hospital room.

He was surprised by the figure holding his hand. To which he reached over to put a hand on his horned hair, finally recognising the figure "Tord." He meekly made out through a croaky voice.

Tords head shot tears springing to his eyes. The mighty Red Leader was crying.

There was no need for anymore words as Tord embraced his newly awakened lover. His tears soaked Toms cloths.

Although he knew he needed to let a doctor know Tom had awakened, so they could do the right tests, but Tord wanted to just spend a little time with his lover.

After he was satisfied he went out to reveal Toms awkward state.

As expected they went crazy, checking all his vitals to make sure everything was fine. Asking him the required questions etc.

"All of Thomas' vitals seem to be up to scratch. All he really needs now is rest."

"Thank you doctor."

Tord sighed and ran a hand through his hair, turning around only to see tears streaming down Toms face.

"Love? What's wrong?"

"I'm so so sorry!" Tom cried through sobs "I didn't want to betray you but I didn't have a choice. And then I cause all this trouble by getting shot!"

Tord was very surprised by this "Tom. Look at me." He walked over and lifted his chin "you're not at fault here. I've come to realise that what you were doing was only you trying to help. Even if it went against everything I said and did. All that matters now is that you are okay and well. And if..." He let go of his chin and sat down "...and if you decide to go back to London when this is all through than I understand and will let you go."

Tom looked in awe then chucked "I want to stay with the person I love."

"Even if it'll mean coming back to the base?"

"Even if it means coming back to the base."

After that Tom was visited by a frantic Edd and Matt who were both ecstatic to see their best friend awake.

After they decided to leave, Tord laid by Toms side as said boy was beginning to fall asleep. He wrapped his arms around his lover, him snuggling close.

"I love you Tom."

That was the last thing Tom heard before he let sleep take over.

———————————————
So that's it the book is finally finished.

Thanks all to everyone who's read it and commented, voted etc.

I have 3 other books
Stableboy Tom Which is another EW fanfic. (completed)
The star and Cleaner
I've also started a new book called I know you're there. It's a werewolf book so if you enjoy that kind of book, you can go read.

I'll probably be writing another EW fanfic cause I love his fandom and I've gotten so used to planning and writing 2 Edds world fan fictions. I have a story idea in mind so keep a look out for that.

Anyway thanks again lovely people.

-LunaK