Chapter 23: Feeding Season

*edited

|Holly|

Erica lodged with me for a while before returning to her room which left me thinking deep. I suddenly began regretting not running away from him when we were in Thailand. I mean, sure he bribed me into good sex but...

My head started to hurt from the stress and I decided that I should just sleep it off. Besides, didn't I want him to leave me alone? Now that he's got his new fúcking play toy he could now fúck her wherever she wanted! Now he would have someone strong to accompany him! Oh I don't know, maybe they could go to Malaysia next or the Philippines to enter fights like we did! See if she'd jump off the railing for your fúcking souls you sonofabitch!!

Feeling frustrated and angry all of the sudden, I grabbed my pillow and screamed at it again before punching it repeatedly. Fúck you, Calvin! Fúck you and your sonofabitch eyes that is the color of the calm ocean! Fúck you and your smile that always make me breathless! Fùck you and Erica! I hope you burn in fúcking hell!

When I was all sweaty and panting, I decided to brawl and curl in the floor. I thought we could at least stayed friends... at least we could just still have fun if you call risking your life fun.

Before I knew it, I drifted to dreamland where Calvin was all Smiley face at me.

The next week flew by surprisingly fast considering that Gustav wanted the palace spotless. Erica and I reusmed our usual duties and sometimes, she would be called by Leo to attend to the master's needs. She would gleefully drop everything as she walked with the red hemaired general who rolled his eyes at her. I think I did too as jealousy burned my chest in fire. Fine! She's the new favorite! Are you happy now?! I would hear people talk behind my back sometime about lord Calvin finding a replacement for him and that Erica would suit him better than plain, old Holly. Although everything they say pained me to no end, I persevered and just did what I was told.

Mrs. Plume and Gustav were extra busy this week as well which piqued my curiousity very much. At Wednesday, I managed to corner a frustrated Gustav who was almost pulling his hair with the preparations on going. We met at the grand lobby while I was dusting furniture and he was barking orders at scurrying maids. "Gustav, why the sudden need to beautify the area?" I asked nonchalantly as I pretended to sweep close to where he's standing. He glance at me before sighing deeply.

"Every six months, Lord Calvin holds a Feeding Season," he started as I stopped what I was doing and focused my attention at him ", every Feeding Season, chosen vampire lords attend and feed from a variety of... blood banks."

"By blood banks you mean..."

He gave me a stern look before barking at someone to speed it up. I waited for him to finish and when he did, he just gave me a sorry look. "Everyone from the Winchester palace is required to go. It's a night of... sexual activities and dangerous rituals that you wouldn't want to know," he said almost in a whisper as he crossed his arms and stared at the lobby being redecorated ", Sir Domovov sends out the invitations while lord Calvin hosts the events. It's a grand event, Holly. I... I can't save you from this, Holly."

I gulped as I stared at him, my blood running cold at the mere thought of anyone touching me sexually other than... other than who exactly? Calvin who didn't give a fúck for me? Argh! I shouldn't really do this shít.

"I... I can take care of myself, Gustav," I smiled forcefully as I didn't want my friend to worry about me. "I guess I'd just hide in the bathrooms or in the kitchen or in the rooms..."

He stared down at me for a minute before sighing and gently patting me in the shoulder. "I do hope that you hide very well, Holly. Because during feeding seasons, there are no restrictions. Don't trust anyone because you're dealing with high end vampire lords here and what they want, they always get."