Chapter 2: Released

©Sold! To the Vampire Lord| Ariel Carrera

|HOLLY|

Time stopped still as he stared at me and I, to him. His dark eyes flashed different emotions as I said that one word. He sucked in breath as he contemplated on the statement I made.

Meanwhile, I was slowly jumping with joy! I knew it! I knew he was my mate! I knew it! Tears began streaming down my face as I stared at my mates face. For once... thank the goddess for granting me a dream come true! I have always longed for him. I have always loved him.

To stand there with your mate is the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced ever. The stars seem to be brighter than before, the night is brighter, and everything in the forest seem to mean nothing.

"I..." I started, his wide eyes darting towards mine and I felt a strange emotion enter his features. "I knew it was you. I knew... I have always loved you and I don't know until when can I endure the pain of sacrifice through out all these--"

"No."

I stopped my ranting, the tears never stopped streaming down though. My world froze that instant that I heard him say that one word. No?

He faced me, his face a mask of confusion, anger, and shame. He's ashamed of... me?

But I'm his mate. I should be the one to complete him.

"No, this can't be true," he said running his hand on his dark locks. He began pacing back and forth in the ground. I thought I heard his wolf growl a bit.

"No this can't be true! I can't be mated to an Omega! This isn't right!" he turned to me, his words slashing a deep wound in my heart.

"You can't be my mate. No, you can't be," he said shaking his head, perspiration beading on his forehead and in his face. "Tell me this isn't true. "

His words hurt more than the wounds I have attained from Charlotte. In fact, it hurts more than any other thing that happened to me the past 18 years of my life! What do you say when the man you have always loved rejects your feelings? What is fate playing at me? Is this some sort of sick joke that the moon goddess is sending me?

"B-But..." I stepped towards him and he flinched ", but I am your mate."

"LIES!"

He bellowed. The alpha that I had thought to be my Knight in shining armor bellowed at me. Veins upon his neck and head began protruding as he glared at me with menace.

"You cannot be my mate! You're an omega! You don't even have the right to be standing here in front of me! I am your alpha and a lowly omega like you cannot be my mate!"

Tears began streaming down my face as I realized that what he said is true. I have always denied it. I have always said that it is okay and that the alpha would always accept me because he will love me for I am his mate.

I am his mate.

I am his mate.

"I'm sorry, Holly but I can't accept this bond. You know that, don't you? You know why I can't. I have a pack to uphold. I want strong alpha line. I want a good reputation," every word stung to me like arrows plunging into my chest ", you can't give that to me, Holly."

The once quiet forest is suffocating me. The darkness is engulfing me slowly as the first strings of rejection stung to my soul, bidding me immobile.