Chapter 6: The Vampire Lords

©Sold! To the Vampire Lord| Ariel Carrera

|CALVIN|

Club Royals, Las Vegas Nevada

September 2014

"Five hundred thousand."

Well fúck me raw. This has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever done since the beginning of my life. Willing myself not to regret my words, I found myself a digging up a slight speck of pride to myself.

Aldrich would have done the same.

He would've done the same when he's sitting here and he sees the look she's giving. I tried rationalizing to myself even though I knew I was just biting through Colton Wellington's goading.

Really smart, Calvin. I'm grading myself an A for Asshòle.

The crowd hushed as I spoke up, my voice like thunder in the sky. Five hundred thousand dollars is the amount the club gave me for her and now, I'm buying her again!

Foolish indeed!

I could have made it free!

Fray looked equally surpirsed since I don't usually bid in auctions. "O-Okay! Five hundred thousand dollars to the Lord of Winchester! Going once! Going tw--"

"Six hundred."

I internally groaned. Colton Wellington. The Lord of Wellington in the east Europe. We have been rivals since childhood, constantly fighting in land properties and business. I glared at his blue mask as he raised his glass at me.

     Walk away Calvin. Walk awa

Pride forbade me to stand down.

"Six hundred and fifty!"

Colton Wellington grimaced. "Seven hundred thirty!"

"Eight hundred!" Domovov said obviously testing my patience. He knew I'm going push the numbers to the limits. Other than that, we all know his wife will forbid any other woman in the house.

Besides, he's the one earning it anyway.

I snarled at my companion at his insolence but with years of training being with me, he shrugged me off. "Nine hundred thousand!" Colton shouted and the audience gasps in awe.

Finally getting pissed, I snarled my price. "A million and a half!"

Most vampires gawked at me while the others almost toppled over. A million and a half for a mere Lycan? Who pays for that?! I just smirked as I thought about my resources. I would gladly push it to three million but I don't want to make my friend richer than he already is.

Years and years of meticulous business, I am glad to say that the banks of the world is full to the brink of my wealth. I have lived since before the first world war and I have already done my millions then. What more of now?

The vampire lords around me were confused at my action. I don't normally barter but they know if I did, I usually win. Colton just shrugged his shoulder at me and stared ahead, not wanting to spend on a mere Lycan. Fray composed his features and spoke. "One million and a half! Going once! Going twice! And she's sold! Sold to the Lord of Winchester, Lord Calvin Campbell!"

I raised my chin up high.

I never lose.

*****************