Chapter Sixteen

"Morning!"

Joe looked up from his laptop and waved as Andrew walked into the living room.

"Hey! How was your evening?" Andrew had left them shortly after Emelia had gone to bed to go and meet some friends he hadn't seen in a while, before going back to his hotel.

"Good. It was nice to see everyone. I've been invited to see a few other people tonight. They heard I was in town and plans have sort of... happened."

"Must be nice to be so popular, bro". Dianne walked into the kitchen and smiled at her brother. "Are you still OK to look after the mini Buzz today?"

Andrew smiled. "Of course. Is there anything you need me to do around the house?"

Dianne looked at Joe. After all, it was his house. She and Emelia were only temporary guests.

"Not particularly. I'll leave you the spare key so you can go out or whatever."

Dianne smiled at Andrew. "Actually..."

Her brother rolled his eyes. "Here we go. What?"

"I haven't really had chance to sort out Emelia's clothes. If you want to, you could get her to work out what she's wearing on the plane and start packing the rest of her stuff away?"

"Fine."

Emelia walked into the living room and immediately hopped onto one of the stools at the breakfast bar. "Do you really have to go back to work today?" she asked Dianne, who was dressed in workout gear and ready to head out the door.

Dianne leaned in and kissed her daughter's head. "Sorry, peanut. We have to practise. I'll try and get back as soon as I can, okay?"

Emelia nodded. "OK."

"Joe, car's here". Dianne's phone pinged with the notification from the driver. Joe grabbed his bag.

"Right. Duty calls. I'll see you later. Have fun! Oh, and help yourselves to whatever's in the fridge!"

The door closed. Andrew turned to Emelia.

"OK, peanut. You've got uncle Andrew to yourself for a whole day. What do you want to do?"

///

"Oh, jeez. It's like we've never been away."

Joe was exhausted, but most of the choreography had come back to him without too much trouble.

"I know". Stacey plopped herself down on the seat next to him. "Except now we can't all sit and gossip about whether we think you two are together".

Joe laughed. He knew they had tried to be subtle. Clearly, people had picked up on their connection sooner than he had realised. "True. Although, if I step on her toes one more time, I don't think I'll have a girlfriend by lunch! Anyway... you used to gossip about us?!"

Stacey leaned back. "Joe Sugg, you look at her like she's the best thing you've ever seen". He could feel himself blushing as she spoke. "You still do. And she looks at you the same way. We all used to point out the cute little things you did."

"We're gross, aren't we?" Joe said, jokingly.

Stacey nodded. "Disgusting. Puts me right off my dinner." She smiled at Joe. "Not really. I think it's cute. And I'm happy for both of you. You suit each other. Always did, really."