Approaching Storm

The mid day sun beat against Fang's fur as they awaited the arrival of the package. Him and two other wolves had been hand picked, not allowed to eat and deprived of sleep for the exact arrival time was unclear.

"So," he said to either of the other two wolves. "This package is pretty important."

"Sure as hell is," replied a black and white wolf.

"This thing is going to go through a very intense interrogation. But I hear that they are stubborn," continued the third wolf, who had a golden colored fur.

"How would you know? It's not like we have ever captured one alive," said Fang.

Suddenly, a fourth voice came in from a small radio in all their ears. It was Shahara, who was put as over watch in case the package got away. "Quiet down boys, the V-22 Osprey is about to get here. Check your claws and show those fangs, we would not want to disappoint our new VIP guest. Let him know that we are in charge here."

All the wolves chuckled as the tell tale sound of rotating blades of the V-22 Osprey began to sound louder and louder.

"Alright guys," said the black and white wolf. "The marines can't know about us yet, orders from the General himself. It's pitch black so stay in the shadows until the package is out of the vehicle. Once the cargo door has closed, move quick and be intimidating."

"Aargo, watch the flanks. We need a backup plan in case it attempts to make an escape," ordered Fang as the floodlights of the Osprey came into view.

Aargo, the golden wolf, jumped down from the raised platform of the landing pad and began to circle it, checking for places where the package would most likely escape.

"Alright boys, Osprey is landing in a few seconds. Watch yourselves down there," said Shahara over the radio.

The deafening sound of the Osprey filled Fang's senses as it touched down in the landing pad. Both wolves immediately got into the shadows as the ramp was lowered. Aargo kept a close watch on the flanks of the vehicle as out from the inside of the Osprey walked out a large black figure.

Fang looked on as the figure stepped out and the hatch closed. The power on the rotor wings increased as the Osprey lifted off the ground and flew towards the north, the only figures in the landing pad being Fang, the black and white wolf, the now approaching Aargo, and the package.

"OK wolf team," said Shahara over the radio. "Area is secure, you are green on the package. Repeat, you now have permission to bring the package in."

Slowly approaching from all directions, the three wolves bared their teeth at the package.

"One false move," said Aargo out loud. "And you are dead."

***

 Abraham looked on with mild amusement as three wolves bared their teeth at him, slowly surrounding him.

"One false move," said the one with the golden fur. "And you are dead."

"Well then, I certainly would not want to die right now," replied Abraham as the wolves circled him, obviously expecting him to run.

"Get moving and don't try anything unexpected. Straight line all the way to that blast door and don't do anything stupid," continued the golden wolf.

Abraham looked around him, checking out each and every single one of the wolves that stood before him. With one small step, for the titanium shackles still bound his feet, he began to walk on forwards to the blast door the golden wolf had told him about.

Not long after they reached a set of titanium blast doors that began to hiss open once it sensed their presence. Aargo stepped through first, followed by Abraham and the other two wolves on both sides to him.