A Declaration of War

T’Argho crouched next to a tree as he looked on to the area below him. He saw numerous other wolves patrolling the entrance to the city, each bearing either a long spear or two swords. His gaze fell back to the wolf that sat next to him.

“Hey Narkiv, how long until the meeting?”

“I really could not be able to tell you. Fasthum did say that he would be in it.” replied Narkiv as he looked back at T’Argho.

“That is what’s got me worried. Fasthum does not always get involved in these meetings.” T’Argho shifted uncomfortably in his position.

“Only when it is a really important matter does he attend them.”

“Is it true what they say, that Fasthum is the right hand man of Firefang?” asked T’Argho as his gaze fell to the sky,

“More like close friends.”

“Either way, I think we should be heading back from patrol.” inquired T’Argho as he got back up on his feet and dusted the dirt from his fur.

“You know, they have been making us do a lot of patrols lately, more than the normal amount.” said Narkiv as they began to walk down the long tunnel that led towards the city.

T’Argho glanced at one of the guards, and gave him a slight nod as they walked past each other. “Probably because of the expansions that have been occurring over the last few days.”

Narkiv turned his head to look at T’Argho. “You know how there are those other Alikar tribes? Well, I hear that this meeting will involve all of the major leaders.”

T’Argho gave out a laugh of disbelief. “You hear too much. Learn to close your ears for once!”

“But it is true! I have watched them arrive for the last two weeks. They came all the way from Asia!”

T’Argho only chuckled as they both reached a large golden door guarded by four guards. They were quickly allowed entry as the doors slowly parted to reveal the large city.

“I also hear that the priestess has been coordinating with those leaders in attacking human military bases and civilians.” continued Narkiv as they passed numerous buildings and training yards.

“Well, that is much believable! Yuri told me that his mate had gone hunting these two English kids a while ago. Imagine the fun they must have had.”

“Ah, the life of the hunt.” said Narkiv as they reached a large building. “But one thing, why did you guys allow me on the pack?”

“Because,” began T’Argho as he pushed open the door to the home, “We all think that you are worthy of being in the pack. You have all the right attributes, and you are a good companion. Besides, there was one spare room left in the building.”

“Yeah, well I just wanted to say thanks.”

“Don’t you get soft on me, Narkiv.” said T’Argho in a joking manner.

“Ha-ha! You know that will never happen!” replied Narkiv in the same way.

“Fasthum said that we should look good.”

“What would look better than this?” asked Narkiv as he got back out toward the living room wearing a black robe.

“You sure it was Firefang who gave us these robes to wear?” asked T’Argho as he put on his black robe, which fit comfortably around him.

“Positive. He even specified that it was to be for the meeting.”

T’Argho began walking out of the house and towards one of the larger officer buildings that lay next to their home. “Something tells me that this is going to suck. A lot”