Chapter 4: Encounter

After using the lunch break to explain the encounter with Ethan King, Daisy stared at me with her eyes wide like ping pong balls.

"All of that happened and yet you didn't tell me?" I can't tell that if she's amused or angry.

(I'm really sorry, because after all it wasn't a good thing.)

"Well, tell me about that. After all, he is our neighbour."

(So?)

"And you know, my mom tried convincing me to date him."

(Yeah but he got your favourite sweater torn.)

"And that's why I hate him."

(I thought you hate him because he is a jerk.)

"I didn't really see it with my own eyes that he break girls' hearts. It's all the rumors."

(But you believed those rumours.)

"Now I don't. He's actually kind of nice."

(ARE YOU KIDDING ME?)

"Nope, and I think that Caleb is actually cute."

(Daisy Reed, you have no idea what you just said, do you?)

"I'm aware what i've just said. But no harm having a crush on a bad boy though. Everyone should be in love for once in their life. I'm just living my life to the fullest."

(Love? You love Caleb?)

"Nope, just a tiny crush. I won't handle my heart to someone who doesn't do commitments."

I hope it's really just a crush. They say bad boys change once they meet the right good girl, but such cases only happens in cliche fan fictions, isn't it? I don't believe that in real life, boys would change for their love. Love may be noble, love may be pain, love may be a bliss but does love really change people to an extent that you're willing to give up everything and anything? Love is a big word that people often misuse without knowing the meaning behind it. Four letters, one word, simple right, but actually it's a complicated thing.

"Senna, are you okay?"

(What, uh? Oh ya, i'm fine.)

"You sure? You blanked out for a moment."

(I'm fine. But the lesson after this is not really important for me, can i skip?)

"What! You're going to ditch me?"

(Sorry, you can't skip though. I promised Tina that you'll go and re-take your Maths test.)

"Fine, but where are you going to go?"

(The studio.)

"You sure? I don't want you to . . ."

(I'm fine. I just want to go back. It's been awhile.)

"Do you want me to send you there?"

(No. And i will go back on my own later. Remember to tell Tina not to cook my dinner.)

"But she's going to cook your favourite baked pasta today."

(Tell her i'm sorry.)

"Alright then, be careful. Be back before 10, alright?"

I smiled and left the table.

*

I took out the keys and opened the door. The floorboard creaked upon my footsteps. It's been a long time since i came to the studio. It was a studio located at a very dark alley, a few streets and blocks away from the Reed house.