Chapter 2: Fucka-Do-Dee

After that little encounter with Ethan King, I jogged home to prepare for school.

I went back to my room, to seeing that my bed was already neatly packed so I guessed that Daisy had woke up and went back to her room. I quickly went for a shower because I was feeling uncomfortable in my sweaty outfit.

I looked into the smoked mirror and stared at the girl with brown hazel eyes and brown wavy waist-length hair. She wasn't pale, but slightly tanned. She wasn't pretty, but was considered average. She wasn't that skinny. She doesn't have a flawless body. She wasn't perfect, not at all. She was me.

I got out of the bathroom with a light blue towel wrapped around my chest and picked out my outfit of the day. I've chosen to wear a turquoise shoulder-off sweater with a pair of black skinny jeans and matched with my turquoise converse. I didn't bother to cover up my dark circles and also have decided to let down my hair.

"Good morning, Senna!" Patrick (Mr Reed / Daisy's father) chirped as he noticed me walking down.

I smiled and nodded at him. They were all very nice to me, and they are willing to take me in because they were my parents' best friends for 10 over years. Yeah, like how the hell did they even manage to have such a long friendship. That's why I've known Daisy since diapers.

"Good morning, honey!" Tina said when she walked out the kitchen and placed the plate of waffles on the table.

I gently smiled at her, like how I always do.

"So, Senna you still don't find comfortable speaking to anyone?" Patrick asked warily.

I looked up at the adults' sad, sympathetic and disappointed looks and then nervously looked down at my hands which are grabbing my thighs from shaking in terror. I couldn't do this to them. They always wanted to make me happier. Whatever Daisy have, they make sure that I have one too. They were never bias. They have been treating me like their real daughter. It's me who has been pushing everyone away. I just don't want to face all these pointless emotions. It's all too late to try to mend my broken heart. You'll get cut by my broken pieces. I just wish they weren't that good to me because it makes me more upset to see them get disappointed in me. I just wish they would hate me because I was a burden to this family. I don't belong here. I should have been dead, with my father. I should have . . .

"Good morning mom, dad and Senna." She greeted after taking her seat beside me.

"What's wrong? Why are you all so quiet?" She eyed us suspiciously.

"We were just asking if Senna was ready to speak." Tina sighed.

"I thought we have been there and answered that long time ago when she moved in, dad!" She screeched.

She always knows how to salvage the situation though the tone isn't that pleasant.

"I know. Okay, I'm sorry Senna. I shouldn't have asked you that. You can take your time, no hurry. I'm really sorry. Your father would . . ."

"Patrick!" Tina scolded.

"Sorry, my bad, again."

I shook my head and typed.

(I'm fine, don't worry. I should be sorry, not the other way round. I'm really sorry, I just need more time.)

"Senna, it's not your fault. We've promised to take care you. You can always take your time. We'll be here for you. Eat up or you girls are gonna be late." Tina comforted.

I ate one waffle with strawberries and blueberries before Daisy grabbed me by my arm and lead us out.

"God, I'm really sorry about them. You don't have to listen to them, okay? You can have all the time you want. We won't pressure you. Take it easy, alright?" She placed her hand on top of mine and smiled, before starting up her engine and off to school.