Chapter 1: Black

Chapter 1: Black

"Mommy, what are you doing?" I shouted as she barged into my room and grabbed a fist of my hair, before dragging me into her room, which was next to mine.

"Shut up, you bitch!" She turned her back against me to lit up a cigarette.

"Ahh!" I screamed in agony as soon as the cigarette buds came into contact with my skin. She did it on purpose. I tried to pull back but her grip on my arm was strong.

"Shut the hell up! It's all your fault that your father left me for that tramp. It's all your fault for being useless. You couldn't even beg for him to stay. You're so worthless, just like a piece of shit." She reasoned as she took another mouthful of the alcohol standing beside her dresser before continuing.

"Well well, he's dead now! You should go to hell with that jerk too. You carry his DNA and it irks me seeing you here alive! Why aren't you dead? If he's not alive, you might as well be dead." She then started taking off her high heels and went pounding it on me harshly. I closed my eyes and screamed for help. I screamed for her to stop. But no one ever seems to notice my silent cries, my loud pleas and my salty tears.

Suddenly, I felt someone shaking my shoulders tremendously.

"Hey! Wake up! Honey, wake up. Open your eyes. It's just a dream. It's all over."

I jerked up, pulling my knees to my chest, with beads of perspiration rolling down my cheeks from my forehead. I saw Tina trying her best not to cry, sitting at the side of my bed while rubbing her hands up and down my back. I looked down at who was kneeling beside my bed and i met the girl with the emerald eyes. Daisy Reed.

"Alright, I don't care if you're going to object or not, this is my decision mom. That's it, Senna. I'll be sleeping with you tonight."

"I agree. Go have some rest, honey. Call me if you need something." Tina smiled sadly, probably used to my 'commotion' yet don't seemed to be disturbed or felt troublesome.

"Alright, get some rest mom. Good night." Tina tried to smile but couldn't contain well her sadness or rather sympathy, she gave it away with that softness in her eyes. She walked to us and gave us each a kiss on the forehead before exiting my room.

"Are you okay?" Daisy asked, putting up one hand to wipe off my sweat.

I sighed and nodded my head, moving my hair behind my ear.

"Let's get some sleep, shall we? It's a school night."

I bit my lower lip hard while nodding again.

Few minutes later, I heard her snoring and that's when I can get up. Well, let's just say that she can be a dead log when she's really tired. So as I was just saying, this is actually quite normal for me. After the nightmare, I could barely sleep already. I have sleeping pills but I never want to use them unless I had to. Same nightmare, same timing, it's 4am already. I might as well do some painting. I always do this when I couldn't sleep. What I drew every time I awoke from all these, was pretty much a depressing picture. It was a white canvas with a black sun, black clouds, black horizons, black sea and a girl with just her silhouette, in black paint too. Well, I'm just illustrating what's on my mind.

When I finished my usual painting, it was already 6.30am. I hid my art materials and the canvas inside my small storage room, which is beside my walk-in wardrobe. Daisy usually wakes up at 7.30am since school starts at 8, which is pretty close to their house. I tied my hair up in a messy bun, changed into my black sports bra and black sweatpants. I walked downstairs to put on my black running shoes and grabbed my iPod, before I went out for a run. I run when I'm frustrated. I run when I'm sad. I run when I'm angry.

I pressed 'shuffle' on my iPod and Lana's voice came blasting in my ears.

"Cause I was filled with poison,

But blessed with beauty and rage."

After running a few round around the park nearby, I decided to walk home.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe of the nature smell, the smell of morning dew. I was still enjoying the nature and a new song playing on my iPod. But then, I guess God is trying to prank me because the next moment, I bumped into a solid wall. I began to rub my forehead with my left hand and the other, trying my very best to hit the wall, thinking how stupid I am to actually bump into a wall like a fool. Suddenly, I felt my hand being grabbed. I stopped what I was doing and scrunched my face, looking downward, thinking: Does wall have hands? Do walls move? Do . . .

"What are you doing?" A voice sounded amused.

I widen my eyes in pure shock and timidly looked up, to meeting a pair of icy blue eyes which was on a face of a pretty boy. Actually, it's a hot and sexy god. Who in the hell let such a sexy god roaming around the streets. He is plainly like a tumblr boy. A boy who has a solid chest, piercing eyes, perfect jawline and cheekbone, nicely grew lips with a sign 'kiss me' and perfect brownish-blonde hair. But if you look closer, you would have find a long scar from above his eyebrow to beside his cheekbone. Geez, who the hell is this sexy god?

"Are you done checking me out?" He said. Oh my god, his breathe smells like shit.

I took a double take and finally recognised him. Him with a capital H-I-M. The boy, my neighbour, my schoolmate and the school bad boy. Typical cliche moment.

I took out my phone and typed.

"What, not a sorry at all? And what, got mesmerised by my looks? If you want my number, give me your phone, I would gladly . . ."

That cocky yet sexy bastard.

I cut him off his cocky sentence and shoved my phone into his face.

(Your breath smells like shit. Haven't you brush your teeth?)

"What, are you a mute?"

I was used to people's straightforward question like this so I nodded my head.

"Well, no wonder you don't know how to say sorry."

I typed (Well, I can't SAY sorry but I can type the word SORRY. Besides, you know what, I'm not deaf. I heard what you said.)

"You're meant to hear that."

(Also a side note, I FEEL sorry for those bitches who kisses you, everyday with that breathe of yours.)

"Why, would you like to have a try of tasting my sexy lips too?"

(Save that for your bitches at school.)

"Jealous? You know you want me."

(Whatever helps you sleep at night, jerk.)

"Let's not deny the fact that you were totally checking me out just now, Smith."

(Well, I'm impressed that you actually knows my name.)

"If you weren't sleeping in that house which happens to be beside my house, I wouldn't even look at you."

(You know, you should probably be the King of Sex.)

"Well I'm already the King at school and every girls want me and boys want to be me."

(That's the worst comeback I've ever heard, King.)

"Whatever you say. By the way, why aren't your name be Senna Reed, you know cause you're living with the Reed family. Are you adopted or what? You're living there since like forever."

(Stick to your own business, Ethan King.)

With that, I jogged home and prepared for school.

- - - - - - - - - -