Chapter 11

Dedicated to ThatPeanutgirl

CHAPTER 11

"So your house, then?"

"Yes, sounds good." I replied.

Since my dad was discharged from the hospital exactly one week after he woke up we decided to start doing the work in my house and I said no when Daimon suggested going to his house.

"Ok then. You text me the address. I want to pick something up then I will be there." He said going back to his car. We were at the parking lot and school was over. I went back to my car were Kayla was waiting for me.

****

I was in my room singing along to Post Malone's 'Better Now' as I solved some Maths questions. I've always loved reading and singing because whenever I was having a test and I remembered the song I was singing when I was reading that particular book I remember everything I read. But as for why I was really good in maths, that was a different story. And I had a habit of solving maths when I was bored to the extent I was nine weeks ahead of the teacher.

The door bell rang and I immediately knew it was Daimon. I closed my books and left my room quickly so that I will be the one to open the door not Drake. Both Drake and Caleb came back the day after I told them that dad had woken up. Caleb went back to school during the weekend but Drake decided not to go back yet since he could go for his classes from home. He was going to the state university and it wasn't really that far from our house. It was barely a twenty minutes drive to the outskirts of town when there was no traffic.

"Who is that?" I heard Drake ask as he opened the door for Daimon. So much for opening the door first. "Excuse me? Who are you?" Drake asked when he saw him.

"Drake his a friend. Can you stop questioning him. You are not scary."

"Shut up and this is the first time I'm seeing someone other than Kayla and Matt being introduced as your friend. Very interesting." He said to me. "So who are you young man."

Daimon was looking at both of us with an amused expression. "His name is Daimon and he is my project partner. Also don't go around acting like you know all my friends."

"But I do." I dragged Daimon into the house because I knew if I kept arguing with Drake we won't achieve anything. "Whatever that project is don't take him to your room I don't want my sister making out with anyone when I'm in the house."

Daimon started laughing at that. I rolled my eyes at both of them and took Daimon to the kitchen.

****

"Daimon, stop eating like a pig!" I shouted as tried stuffing my third slize of pizza into my mouth. We both wanted to question first and none of us wanted to answer so we ended up deciding that whoever finished their box of pizza first will be asking while the looser answered -Daimon's suggestion not mine- and Daimon was on his penultimate piece while I was just trying to finish my third piece.

"I'm not eating like a pig. I'm trying not to loose to you." He said as He put his last piece into his mouth.

"You know what? This isn't fair." I grumbled hitting my fists on the counter.

"It's totally fair. In fact you are meant to win cause your was divided into eight while mine was divided into twelve segments."

"Don't be dumb. The still have the same circumference."

"Oh, yeah. I almost forgot I was talking to the smart pants Anderson."

"Call me that again and I will stab you." I said, picking a fork and pointing it at him at the same time glaring at him. Drake came into the kitchen and took two slices from my box. "I'm here to help my sister."