Would you rather have a butt for a face or a face for a butt?

"I'm great thanks! How are you?"

I think if it had been another member of 5sos, I would have been completely star-struck and crapping my pants, but, because it was Calum, I felt really at ease and felt I could be a little random. "Oh, hey Calum! I'm pretty good thanks". As much as I would have loved to have kept talking to him, Jack was tapping me on my shoulder, insisting I get finished before the outline ink dried.

So I very quickly took off my shirt and lay down on the bench. When I looked back at Calum, I couldn't help it. Laughter burst out of my mouth until I was having a laughing fit. His face would make a tomato envious it was that red and he was doing that awkward 'I'm not looking' looking. I had to break this tension somehow, and the first thing that came to mind was small talk.

"What you getting done?" The question caught him off guard and he didn't know what to say, but eventually, he stuttered out "The head of a Native American chief on my upper left arm. I'm gonna call him 'Chief-y'". The fact he was being friendly made me feel special. I mean, he's a celebrity and he was joking about and talking to ME. This could be an interesting two hours.

Time became a blur. Calum saw how much pain I was in, so asked if he could sit next to me while they did his tattoo. We talked about practically everything. He asked about my family, what I like, what my interests are, we even did stupid 'would you rather's?' like "Would you rather have a butt for a face or a face for a butt?", and information came out of me as if he turned on the tap, but he didn't care as I rambled. I just think he enjoyed being normal, even if it was just for an hour or two.

I could see the more we talked, the more he opened up. He talked to me about the band and personal stuff, like how sometimes he wishes he wasn't famous, so he can get some of his privacy back, but once he'd realized what he'd said, he backtracked very quickly and said, " -but I wouldn't change my life for anything in the world! I'm one of the luckiest people on the planet! I mean, my best friends are my bandmates, I have the best job in the world and I have loads of adoring fans that are supportive and loving and-"

"Calum, there's no need to explain yourself to me. Although it's a great one, you've got a very stressful job". I don't know what came over me. I just got this massive urge to defend him. After that, he looked at me a little differently. To me, it looked like he respected me for saying that and although I'd never see him again; I'd made a friend for life.

All of the above is true, but that wasn't why. Something had changed within us, well, him, that would start the next year of crazy adventures.

We talked and chatted and compared lives for what seemed like ages, until, eventually, Jack tapped me on the shoulder and chirped "You're done! You don't need to keep it covered up, but you do need to clean it with anti-septic gel and you can't shower for long. Twenty minutes max"

"Okay, I'll try to remember all that. Thanks, Jack! Aww, it looks awesome!" I turned to leave; feeling chuffed because I'd finally got what I'd wanted for a long time, but did a double-take. Calum was still here.

"How long ago was your tattoo finished?"

"About an hour ago". He'd waited an hour for my tattoo to be finished in complete silence. I hadn't realized he was still here.

There must be something on his mind; otherwise, he wouldn't still be here. Wonder what it could be? You can't have- Have you pulled? WELL DONE YOU! You've pulled a celebrity!

"Something up?" I asked, wanting to get the awkwardness that was slowly building out of the way as swiftly as possible. "Can I ask you something?". Once I'd nodded, he asked, "Can I take you to the hotel? I think the lads would love you, and I know how much of a fan you are..."

I was stunned, to say the least; I didn't know what to say until I had a brilliant idea. "I know, I'm planning a surprise for my sister Hannah's birthday, and I think you can help with that. We're going to the concert in two days. Maybe we could arrange a meet up for me, Hannah and her three friends? I know it would mean the world to all us girls"

He paused while he thought this over, then his face broke into a smile. " I'll need your number so I can contact you." I smiled back. I mean, how couldn't I? He's a good looking guy and he's just made Hannah's birthday as special as it ever could. "Give me your phone then!"

I put my number into his phone and, so he would remember who I was, took a badass picture of my tattoo and set it as my contact picture. "Text me, so I have your number, and we can arrange the details later". Beaming from ear to ear, he hugged me goodbye and escaped his adoring fans through the same back door he'd used to enter the shop.

I'd gotten Calum Hood's number and I was going to meet the rest of the band pretty soon. This was gonna make Hannah's day, and probably the rest of our days.